Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, maybe I'm daft, but why would GB draft Leinart? Wouldn't they give Rodgers a shot first? It's not like Leinart (or Young or Cutler) is the best thing since sliced bread in the first place...

GB will pick Hawk.

To where? There's no guarantee the Jets, Raiders and Lions aren't eyeing Cutler. That leaves Packers, 49'ers and maybe Bills, and I don't see any of those teams willing to trade with us.

San Fran won''t take a TE. They got much bigger needs then TE and if Eric Johnson can stay healthy they are set at Tight End.

Hawk will stay in top 10 at San Fran atleast.

What is so terrible about it? First of all GBN tries to get wind of what teams are saying as well as focusing on player ratings.
GB could be real concerned about their QB situation. Just because they drafted a QB last year doesn't mean they don't see a big upgrade with a guy like Leinart. They might know some things we don't.
Vernon Davis could be one of the top players in this draft. He has WR speed, an NBA vertical and is strong. If you go by the BPA mentality he could be a guy at #6 that is a steal.
Hawk at #9 is reasonable. LBs are simply down valued compared to other postions and alot of teams are sceptical of going with a LB in the top 10.

One thing that I do question is the Titans passing on Marcus McNeill for Abdul Hodge. McNeill would make a nice RT and IMO is a higher ranked player at a bigger need postion for the Titans.

GNB has no insight...

They do an ok job of ranking prospects but they have no more understanding of what teams will do than we have.

Hawk has only fallen because other guys have moved up so fast. Most notably vernon davis and this DT from hawaii.

There may be as many as 4 prospects better than any QB in this draft. Mario, bush, dbrick and davis.

I doubt if lienart and young fall that far but the titans take cutler 3rd. No way!

Soxcat said:
One thing that I do question is the Titans passing on Marcus McNeill for Abdul Hodge. McNeill would make a nice RT and IMO is a higher ranked player at a bigger need postion for the Titans.

I was thinking the same thing. I still have RT as a higher priority than MLB. Restructuring Sirmon or signing Griesen are still options. I wouldn't pass on McNeill for Hodge in that scenario, I don't think. RT will see much more playing time than MLB, and given that, I think Reese would make the same decision.

From GBN
http://www.gbnreport.com/

Tennessee which selects third, the Jets at #4 and Oakland at #7 will be paying particularly close attention when Young works out today. Indeed, Tennessee, which will have a full cast of onlookers in Austin today including GM Floyd Reese, head coach Jeff Fisher, and offensive coordinator Norm Chow, has booked Young for some private time both later this evening and again on Thursday. In fact, for much of the pre-draft period it had been almost a given that Young would be selected by Tennessee in the third overall slot as an eventual replacement for Steve McNair. Young has a lofty target to shoot at to impress the Titans this week as Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler reportedly impressed the Titans at his pro day late last week as well as at a private get-together earlier this week. According to Reese, who was quoted in the Nashville Tennessean after Cutler’s workout last week, he couldn’t “imagine too many quarterbacks who are going to perform much better than he did” after Cutler threw about 50 in less than ideal conditions at the Commodores’ workout. Continued Reese: "You saw a variety of things. You saw him throw on the run in a little bit less than an ideal situation. It was cold out there. He was able to come out and do everything he had to do." Meanwhile, Fisher said that this week’s visit “went great” and that “the entire staff was very impressed his understanding of the game and his contribution to their program."

GLinks said:
I was thinking the same thing. I still have RT as a higher priority than MLB. Restructuring Sirmon or signing Griesen are still options. I wouldn't pass on McNeill for Hodge in that scenario, I don't think. RT will see much more playing time than MLB, and given that, I think Reese would make the same decision.

If we could get McNeill, a guy who could step right in at RT and also back up LT we would be set at the OT postions for years to come. Drafting the QB of the future and getting a stud RT in the 1st two rounds would be awesome. I would imagine our running game would get a little boost with McNeill at 6'8 330 pounds paving the way.

Mcneil...

Be careful with guys that tall. Some 6'8 guys are not good run blockers and have balance problems in protection. I do see some similarities between that guy and alex barron.

Boy you have this whole thing mapped out don't you? Draft your boy cutler and then draft some help protecting him. What if we drafted mario and hodges and had a dominating defense? Nahhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back