Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Olsen was on the fox pre game before the Bucs Packers game and offered some of his analysis. He praised the job Todd Bowles has done as Tampa DC and suggested he might be in demand as a head coach.

Greg you are aware that Bowles has been a head coach right? Now I'm about to get into an area here we certainly cannot discuss in depth due to the rules of Gotitans which I respect. Bowles was interviewed for the Eagles job but we have to assume that was for quota reasons right? I'm assuming that. It's a flaw in the system where a guy gets an interview knowing there is no way he will get the job.

Coaches who failed at a head job in the past have been given a 2nd chance and most of the time, most of the time, it was a mistake. In the case of Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll it worked.

Bowles is a great DC but he had plenty of chances with the Jets. Even after back to back 5-11 seasons they gave him another year and he went 4-12. It just seems to me that Greg Olsen was not even aware that Bowles already was a head coach. That irritates me greatly.

For the record I would have never hired Ed Orgeron to be the LSU head coach based on his horrible record(10-25) at Ole Miss.

I still think he is just a mediocre coach but it is not hard to deliver top 10 recruiting classes every year at LSU.

Youd think he'd be all glued up considering how much time he's not been on playing field the past 3 4 years. Guys been a fantasy dumpster fire.

I'm all up for given HC another chance as long as they're is evidence of progression in coaching and changes. Hell it wasn't Bruce Arians 1st rodeo with a team and he just won his 1st SB as HC. Guys like 70 something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back