Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed the NFL pushing Guardian Caps on most players this training camp?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoo...-positions-through-second-preseason-game/amp/

Personally I think its worth trying to see if we can reduce head injuries. But it looks ridiculous and Jets head coach along with JJ Watt arent so sure.

Guardian Cap Use a Concern for Watt, Saleh Early in Training Camp - Sports Illustrated
I agree with Watts take. I don’t think moving the “shock” of the first hit to week 1 (of the preseason) will really have any bearing but it does seem odd they’re super worried in training camp but not at all concerned during games.

they do look funny, but if this was pushed as the norm all the time, people would get passed that quickly, and really F the people calling for “wussification” of the NFL. Head trauma limitations are good. Hands off rules and don’t touch the QB rules are bad.

View attachment 19827
Has anyone else noticed the NFL pushing Guardian Caps on most players this training camp?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoo...-positions-through-second-preseason-game/amp/

Personally I think its worth trying to see if we can reduce head injuries. But it looks ridiculous and Jets head coach along with JJ Watt arent so sure.

Guardian Cap Use a Concern for Watt, Saleh Early in Training Camp - Sports Illustrated
Everyone should just have to wear the Don Beebe helmet

I agree with Watts take. I don’t think moving the “shock” of the first hit to week 1 (of the preseason) will really have any bearing but it does seem odd they’re super worried in training camp but not at all concerned during games.
I think this opens the door to that happening.

Apparently the NFL is funding this all too.

Not sure if its to cover their own asses after ignoring the issue for so long or if this is the future of football.

I think this opens the door to that happening.

Apparently the NFL is funding this all too.

Not sure if its to cover their own asses after ignoring the issue for so long or if this is the future of football.
Probably a little bit of both. I honestly argue their liability historically in a profession built around physical combat, but I know the story is there that they “knew” but did nothing.
We may also be seeing less kids pursuing football because of parental concerns for head injuries, so it will affect the future. Plenty of other factors there, but I think that’s a legit concern for NFL.

Probably a little bit of both. I honestly argue their liability historically in a profession built around physical combat, but I know the story is there that they “knew” but did nothing.
We may also be seeing less kids pursuing football because of parental concerns for head injuries, so it will affect the future. Plenty of other factors there, but I think that’s a legit concern for NFL.
Parents are already holding their kids out of football.

My town had 6 middle school teams they were forced to merge into 1 city team and change leagues because of parents getting scared off when that movie Concussion came out.

Parents are already holding their kids out of football.

My town had 6 middle school teams they were forced to merge into 1 city team and change leagues because of parents getting scared off when that movie Concussion came out.
So it would almost be beneficial to rip of the band aid of goofy looking padded helmets and just implement. Could mean the future of the sport.

So it would almost be beneficial to rip of the band aid of goofy looking padded helmets and just implement. Could mean the future of the sport.
We have to see this process first before anything is changed

IF there is a switch in helments, they better invent the next generation of that mushroom head. Cause that thing is terrible to look at and according to anyone mic'd up it makes them feel goofy.

Cant roll that version out on future Sundays.

We have to see this process first before anything is changed

IF there is a switch in helments, they better invent the next generation of that mushroom head. Cause that thing is terrible to look at and according to anyone mic'd up it makes them feel goofy.

Cant roll that version out on future Sundays.
Feel goofy is ok, feeling uncomfortable is different. I think it’s “goofy” because it’s not what they’ve been wearing forever and are probably worried about how people look at them wearing it. They’ll get over that if it is eventually implemented full time. A couple player advocates on safety would help that.

LOL

WUSSIFICATION justification is enabling puzzwipes
I hope a safer helmet limits the rules on bigger hits. Havent been a fan of many of the rules installed under the guise of “safety”. It has led to some terrible calls and eliminated some really exciting plays.
It also appears to allow some favoritism, ie. Guys like Brady getting calls.

There's way too much emphasis on what the players look like. It's not a f^&king fashion show. They should have the best protective gear they can wear while allowing full range of motion and speed. We want to see the best athletes compete against each other without getting injured. If you're more concerned with them not looking like a Roman warrior, then maybe you should focus your attention on MMA or WWF.

There's way too much emphasis on what the players look like. It's not a f^&king fashion show. They should have the best protective gear they can wear while allowing full range of motion and speed. We want to see the best athletes compete against each other without getting injured. If you're more concerned with them not looking like a Roman warrior, then maybe you should focus your attention on MMA or WWF.
Nah, I prefer meat missiles full speed over the middle impacts, or something like our BDH unhinged head on at full speed against a linebacker begging not to be there! That’s what keeps me interested. Football ain’t duck duck goose. At least it wasn’t a time ago. Monkey Pox sounds more appealing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Football is a collision sport not a contact sport....if they can develop technology of the guardian caps, why can't they put it into the helmets for full season benefits not just TC?

advise ignored

I advise you to watch Sarcastaball
giphy.gif

Is that what those are called lol

I first saw them on some college teams.

I think Saleh and Watt are right, they make good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back