Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I think Clowney has been disruptive. He draws a lot of attention, which opens things up for others like Big Jeff. But I wouldn't mind seeing a strip sack here and there... :cool:

This is what I thought Clowney would bring to the Titans: Last Word on Titans

What do you all think??

7OWs.gif

He definitely did in the Broncos game, and a half in the Jags game, but he went ghost in the Vikings game.

I didn't expect him to light it up on the stat sheet. He's suppose to make players around him much better, while he garners most of the attention.

Clowney didn't participate in any of the off season workouts, so it's to be expected that we don't get our ROI quite yet, but I believe he'll have his day on the field in due time.

He definitely did in the Broncos game, and a half in the Jags game, but he went ghost in the Vikings game.

I didn't expect him to light it up on the stat sheet. He's suppose to make players around him much better, while he garners most of the attention.

Clowney didn't participate in any of the off season workouts, so it's to be expected that we don't get our ROI quite yet, but I believe he'll have his day on the field in due time.

I agree! I have a feeling all of the pass rushers are going to blow up soon. Landry, Simmons, Jones, and Clowney. Adoree Jackson may be a key to the pass rush as well. One second more of tight coverage may allow rushers to get home. Hopefully Jones can get back healthy after the COVID positive.

Shoulda made the poll public. I voted exceeded expectations. Clowney is balling in terms of pressures and form. Seems in peak form.

Shoulda made the poll public. I voted exceeded expectations. Clowney is balling in terms of pressures and form. Seems in peak form.
lol not sure how to make it public, this is my first poll. But yeah, he's 9th in the league in QB pressures. Even if those don't translate to sacks, they usually translate to broken plays and incompletions. D-Line is still a lot better than last year.

Meeting my expectations. He has never consistently finished plays, but he consistently disrupts plays and commands a lot of attention.

We need better DB play before we are consistently getting sacks.

Meeting my expectations. He has never consistently finished plays, but he consistently disrupts plays and commands a lot of attention.

We need better DB play before we are consistently getting sacks.
Yeah, if DB's can cover a half second longer the sack numbers will go way up.

His disruptiveness is apparent. He jumps off the screen. He does not make impact plays. It's pretty astounding, really.

We're renting him for a year. He'll do. I don't think there's any way I'd pay him $15m+ a season on a long-term deal for a guy who gets 3.5 sacks a season. Just can't do it. You need to put the QB on his ass if you're an edge player.

His disruptiveness is apparent. He jumps off the screen. He does not make impact plays. It's pretty astounding, really.

We're renting him for a year. He'll do. I don't think there's any way I'd pay him $15m+ a season on a long-term deal for a guy who gets 3.5 sacks a season. Just can't do it. You need to put the QB on his ass if you're an edge player.
Agreed. If there's a player who looks like he's worth $15M, it's Big Jeff.

There was one play I saw on Twitter where everyone was raving about how Simmons was a beast.

What was lost in all of that was the 3 people 5hst were blocking clowney

Yes.....a Titan was tripple teamed

There was one play I saw on Twitter where everyone was raving about how Simmons was a beast.

What was lost in all of that was the 3 people 5hst were blocking clowney

Yes.....a Titan was tripple teamed
Hahaha hard to believe! But yes, that’s the type of impact a guy like Clowney can have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back