Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Henshaw was hired today by the Saints. His official title is senior assistant and running backs coach.

Anyone hearing any rumors on why the Titans didn't renew him?

I think the best bet is money. To me Chow doesn't seem like the guy who is likely to rub you the wrong way and considering the success of the TE's this year, I doubt they have philosophical differences.

I think they didn't renew him because they wanted somebody who could also help with the offensive line. I think it could end up being a good move if we find somebody who is really good with the offensive line.

#1TitansFan said:
I think they didn't renew him because they wanted somebody who could also help with the offensive line. I think it could end up being a good move if we find somebody who is really good with the offensive line.

Where did that come from?

Earlier this week they were talking briefly about it on the Zone, and none of them knew the reason why Henshaw wasn't retained. McClain said he'd find out, so he might have something to say about it next week.

This is one theory and I doubt if there's any validity to it, but I'll throw it out there for what it's worth. I'm certainly not ready to believe it, but stranger things have happened. Here goes:

Henshaw's son played with Pacman at WVU, and Henshaw asked his son all about Pacman prior to the draft last year. According to the son, Pacman was a model citizen after the incident his freshman year, not disruptive in the locker room, a good teammate, he got along with everyone, no problems, etc. Well, what do you expect from a 20-year old kid being quizzed by his old man? The kid wasn't going to rat out a teammate, but you would hope he would show some candor.

Anyway, according to that theory, some people blamed Henshaw for an inaccurate scouting report on Pacman's character after he started having problems here. I personally don't think Fisher would let him go over that, though.

Starkiller said:
They already have an excellent OLine coach. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the move.

Fisher to line up coaching candidates
By Terry McCormick, [email protected]
February 10, 2006

Fisher said he would like for the new tight ends coach to have some experience with the offensive line as well, if possible.

I still don't think that they let Henshaw walk just to get someone who could help on the OLine. Fisher himself said that they were going to get someone with OLine experience to fill the quality control position.

But now I have to ask for next week's powerball numbers, just in case... :ha:

Ewker said:
Fisher said he would like for the new tight ends coach to have some experience with the offensive line as well, if possible.
I believe the only reason Fisher said that is he wants the new guy to be able to help Troupe and Scaife improve their blocking. Munch certainly doesn't need any help coaching his guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back