Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: The Titans continue to explore the free agency market. Steelers free safety Chris Hope visited Baptist Sports Park yesterday while Giants linebacker Nick Greisen and Seahawks linebacker Kevin Bentley are coming in today. The 5-11, 206-pound Hope led the Steelers with three interceptions last season, and recorded 97 tackles. Reese indicated the Titans are one of at least three teams in the running for Hope, who has two more visits set up for later this week, including one with the 49ers. Greisen is regarded as a better fit at middle linebacker, an area of need for the Titans. He finished with 79 tackles last season. Bentley, who is capable of playing all three linebacker spots, had 22 tackles last season for Seattle.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I think we will sign one as a backup to Sirmon incase he can't take it as a MLB.

Bentley is handy because he can play all three positions, making him an ideal backup.

well, we've already signed Thornoton....now it seems like we'll sign Givens....will we have enough left to sign Hope? I 'hope' so.

which is more important right now, another LB or a safety. We can get by with LB's we have now esp since we signed Thornton. I think we go after Hope. It is a bigger need

Remember Floyd said that he would be willing to replace players with better ones. So I could see us signing a MLB and cutting Sirmon.

Oh and still having money to sign Hope. I can't believe what big players we have been in free agency. It is giving me a lot of hope for the future. no pun intended

You guys really think these linebackers are pretty good, I sure hope so. I can't say that I ever heard of them. But I almost never watch the NFC.

GoTitans3801 said:
Does anyone have any familiarity with Bentley and Griesen? I don't know much about either... I'd rather just sign hope.
bently played for cleveland for a few years. i didnt follow him much. greisen played for/started for the giants until they signed antonio peirce.

I saw a few Giants games with Griesen last year. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed. A+ for effort and he seemed pretty willing, but he also seemed a step slow, and I'm not convinced he's that much of an upgrade.

These guys aren't any better than Sirmon. If anything, they'll just be signed because they're cheap competition. Hope, on the other hand, is a need.

All of these FA signings look nice, but you don't win super bowls through free agency. We need to do better in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back