Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: According to his agent, the Titans have informed veteran tackle Brad Hopkins that he’s being released. Hopkins was a first-round draft pick of the Houston Oilers in 1993. "They said they are going to officially release him today or tomorrow," agent Mark Bartelstein said. "From a cap standpoint they said it was just something they had to do." Hopkins was scheduled to earn a base salary of $4.25 million in 2006 and had a $5 million option put in his contract last offseason that would have added years 2007-09 to his deal.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Canadian Titan said:
Ok, now who is going to start next season on the O line?

Looks like there will be a major face lift with the OL!
Assuming no one else on the line is cut(unlikely), and we dont draft a OL(unlikely), it will look like Roos, Pillar, Amano, Olsen, Stewart

Olson is a goner. Bell will be in his spot. Roos to LT and either Stewart to RT or some other addition. Or perhaps they draft D'Brick and keep Roos at RT.

So, Roos, Pillar, Amano, Bell, Stewart. Is this an upgrade? What about Ferguson now? Would we play him instead of Stewart? Assuming that's who we draft of course.

I'd glad they let Hopkins go. It was time to move on, seeing as how we drafted his replacement last year. He was clearly on the downside of his career.

That said, Hopkins was an excellent LT over the years and it is a bit sad to see him go.

Bennett83 said:
So, Roos, Pillar, Amano, Bell, Stewart. Is this an upgrade? What about Ferguson now? Would we play him instead of Stewart? Assuming that's who we draft of course.
It can't possibly be a downgrade after last year...

If they draft Ferguson, he'd have to start on the left side and Roos would stay on the right.

GLinks said:
Did Hartwig get cut and I missed it? I know it's a likely cut, but presumptive that Amano immediately replaces him.

No he is an UFA. Most like;y he will test the market and after seeing what he is worth will come back to the nest.

Hopkins has given us some great years. Sad to see him go but it was time. I sure wouldn't mind drafting Ferguson and lock down the LT spot for the next 13 years! There is a lot of value there. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back