Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
A year ago I'd have been upset about this. After watching Hopkins play last year, not so much. He is clearly in decline. I really dont think there will be much drop off between his play in 05 and Roos' in 06. In fact, it might be an upgrade.

I could've sworn that last year B-Hop considered retirement and was returning for "one more year", but often my routine drinking interferes with my memory.

I, for one, am sad to see another Titans stalwart head out the door. That being said, however, if Reese grabs another OT (they look good again this year), there you go...

Agent Thinks Titans to Release Hopkins

SUMMARY: Mark Bartelstein, the agent representing LT Brad Hopkins, thinks his client will be released in just a few days. "The Titans have a tough cap situation, which we are sensitive to. If I had to guess right now I would say probably Brad will be on the market as a free agent," said Bartelstein. "He’d love to stay in Tennessee, but I don’t know if it is going to be possible from a cap standpoint." The 13-year veteran had a $5 million option put in his contract last offseason and is scheduled to earn a base salary of $4.25 million.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Banshee2 said:
I, for one, am sad to see another Titans stalwart head out the door. That being said, however, if Reese grabs another OT (they look good again this year), there you go...
Hopkins is no longer a stallwart, his ability and contribution has been on the decline last year

I like where Banshee is going with that. I want the Titans be built from the ground up. The idea of a young, physically dominating line just makes me want to pick up a chair and throw it. (that's good btw) :flame:

I'm getting sick of watching Steve get the crap
knocked out of him 8-10 times a game.

Na-na na-na-na na na na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye
Hey hey-hey, goodbye
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye

So long number 72, it's been a good 13 years. I wish him good luck in the future and I hope he gets a chance with someone else, if he still wants to play.
On a related note, wouldn't it be cool if we draft Leinert? We could replace Hoppy with a bum and save money. Roos can protect his blindside.

Hopkins was an All-Pro with a HoFer at his right elbow and average at best with lesser teamates at his side. Hopkins has been stinking up the LT position for 3 years now. Good riddence and this is definatly a case of addition by subtraction - it just should have been done sooner.

GoT said:
Hopkins has been stinking up the LT position for 3 years now. Good riddence and this is definatly a case of addition by subtraction...

Yeah, but you gotta give it to Hopkins, he said he thought he would be cut before it was annonuced, so obviously he did pretty good on the Wonderlic.
:winker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back