Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
While I understand people wanted a wide receiver, and many are not sure if trading up to get a qb (that was literally passed up by everyone in the draft) was a good move: my thing is that the titans got high-level prospects at critical positions.

It may or may not work out, but no one can deny that Will Levis doesn’t have a big arm and is an athlete who some considered the top arm in the draft. Frankly even if the titans had drafted cj stroud anthony richardson or bryce young, I wouldn’t feel as though we had a sure thing. With qbs you never know, but the titans have one of the top prospects at that position coming out of college this year. And while the titans took a flyer on Malik Willis last year, that was a third round flyer that didn’t work out. The important point here was the titans got a qb in this draft and still got a top OLineman to replace Lewan.

Also regarding the wide receiver situation, I believe that most of us and even the front office are expecting that Traylon Burks will be our best offensive player (including Henry) and is as good a wide receiver as we have had, so the fact that they went running back in the 3rd round was a good move considering and almost warranted. I don’t believe the titans (or even us) want to hand it to Henry 30 times a game.
The titans (doing that) became way too predictable and ran Henry into the ground by chasing past glory. Thus this draft was a move away from the old model.
This year I suspect a mark change from the past of running Henry 30 times a game. Indeed, I suspect that Henry will not be carry the ball more than perhaps 15 times a game next year so the draft pick of Tyjae Spears is a great pick to have more dynamic backfield.

Finally the fact that they went entirely on the offense this year is great and the titans have taken opportunities with some picks that if they work out, could be a huge step in the right direction down the line.

This I am excited for one in a long time going into the season. I can’t wait to see how these players may pan out.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one should be angry with Carthon (yet). The guy responsible for this unexciting nuts and bolts rebuild draft is no longer with the Titans.

I just think we have way too many holes to have worried about a qb this year.

You say a lineman to replace Lewan, maybe? But everything I read says he will most likely play guard.

Then we take a rb who may be good for a season or two, but there is no way he will have much in the tank with all the injuries he has suffered and is still suffering. He absolutely isnt our future RB after Henry is gone. At best he compliments Henry next season, but it isnt like we are hurting for RBs.

The TE looks good, a target like that seems great, but reading about him looks like he is more of a blocker and not much of a receiver. He broke 300 yards last season in college. Ok, not much to get excited about.

Hopefully the OT we picked up will be servicable as a back up.

Then we get another practice squad WR.

That leaves Levis who may or may not turn into an NFL qb. I havent been impressed with any of the highlights I have seen from him so far. He chunks it up and hopes a receiver can spin around and twist into a catch. We dont have receivers capable of doing that.

I dont see any real changes coming next season.

No one should be angry with Carthon (yet). The guy responsible for this unexciting nuts and bolts rebuild draft is no longer with the Titans.
yeah Carter being gone should help with the o-line but we will have to see if the OLine coach is a real coach or just another yes man in the pile of yes men Vrabel has previously hired.

You say a lineman to replace Lewan, maybe? But everything I read says he will most likely play guard.

Then we take a rb who may be good for a season or two, but there is no way he will have much in the tank with all the injuries he has suffered and is still suffering. He absolutely isnt our future RB after Henry is gone. At best he compliments Henry next season, but it isnt like we are hurting for RBs.

The TE looks good, a target like that seems great, but reading about him looks like he is more of a blocker and not much of a receiver. He broke 300 yards last season in college. Ok, not much to get excited about.

That leaves Levis who may or may not turn into an NFL qb. I havent been impressed with any of the highlights I have seen from him so far. He chunks it up and hopes a receiver can spin around and twist into a catch. We dont have receivers capable of doing that.

Don’t expect over 6 wins next season. We are rebuilding.

They are focused on long term success, not just 10-7 this year. But, until the rash of injuries became insurmountable, we were 7-3. Injuries and Downing were the two biggest factors in our drop off last year. This year the OL will be better, that alone will make a big difference.

The idea that he will play guard is based on his less than ideal reach, but the titans did not pick a guard THAT high.
He has the potential to play left tackle as well. That is: he is a versatile player who is the best pass blocking olineman in the draft.
And also it would not take much to replace lewan dude gets hurt walking out of the huddle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wish they would’ve taken Darnel Washington instead of the no ACL running back, feel like they could’ve gotten the RB in the 5th

They are focused on long term success, not just 10-7 this year. But, until the rash of injuries became insurmountable, we were 7-3. Injuries and Downing were the two biggest factors in our drop off last year. This year the OL will be better, that alone will make a big difference.
Long term success?

The guard we picked at 11 has a future in the NFL.

the rest are huge question marks. I dont expect any of them to see a 2nd contract.

Loved the draft, but it's mostly because Skoronski and Levis fell into their laps. Liked some of the later round picks, but would have preferred a different direction on others. I think they are banking on leveraging the relationship with Monti to get Hopkins. Otherwise it's pretty messed up they're trotting out this group again.

Spears to me was the big head-scratcher, especially because they didn't trade Henry in a corresponding move. That's a pick you make next year when DH is gone. Plus the injury concerns. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to be taking a player with medical red flags after all we've gone through recently. And you had Tyler Scott on the board who they spent a lot of time with. Spears is an awesome RB though, have no questions he will be a beast.

They probably thought that Tyler Scott is too small to be a good blocker, so he wouldn't get many snaps anyway. They drafted a guy in the 7th that's just happy to be here. He will go along with the "block 30 times and get targeted 2 or 3" plan and be happy to do it...

The idea that he will play guard is based on his less than ideal reach, but the titans did not pick a guard THAT high.
He has the potential to play left tackle as well. That is: he is a versatile player who is the best pass blocking olineman in the draft.
And also it would not take much to replace lewan dude gets hurt walking out of the huddle.

I heard this on the radio so I had to verify it for myself; Skoronski's arm reach was measured at 32 1/4". Michael Roos' arm reach measured at 32" even. If Skoronski is half the OL that Michael Roos was, it was a great pick.

I heard this on the radio so I had to verify it for myself; Skoronski's arm reach was measured at 32 1/4". Michael Roos' arm reach measured at 32" even. If Skoronski is half the OL that Michael Roos was, it was a great pick.
That’s a lot to ask, but I’m asking.

first round G

Well, we had one guard before the draft lol... and that guard is average at best.... plus its the way the chips fell. So I have no problem with our first 3 picks.

I just wish we took another FS somewhere later...... we keep trying to play with byard and his contract and etc, but we dont even have a contingency in place lol.

Well, we had one guard before the draft lol... and that guard is average at best.... plus its the way the chips fell. So I have no problem with our first 3 picks.

I just wish we took another FS somewhere later...... we keep trying to play with byard and his contract and etc, but we dont even have a contingency in place lol.

I thought the brunskill guy we got from san fran is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back