Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Which is the scary part. He is slowly but surely coming around though. He is getting better every week.
Secondly, the titans must figure out the secondary and our team will have a lockdown type of defense.
Thirdly, Tannehill (despite downing and the fact that titans have no electric receivers) will always give the team a chance to win.
He’d only have 1 interception if not for the buffalo game.
Fourthly, about those receivers — we need to get someone to step up or we need trade for someone. Our receivers are pitiful.

Which is the scary part. He is slowly but surely coming around though. He is getting better every week.
Secondly, the titans must figure out the secondary and our team will have a lockdown type of defense.
Thirdly, Tannehill (despite downing and the fact that titans have no electric receivers) will always give the team a chance to win.
Fourthly, about those receivers — we need to get someone to step up or we need trade for someone. Our receivers are pitiful.

Derrick always takes a couple weeks to get the tread going in some regard.

Most RBs would kill to get 103 yards rushing -- especially in nowadays offensive production, where from the running game everything is done by 2-3 different backs.

I'd call a 103, 2 TDs a very good day --- but what's even better, he's standing out in the passing game a bit --- and not just screens --- he caught that RB option route while he was being shadowed and got to the one on a scoring drive.

Our priorities and focus should be OL and WR in that order.

His vision and footwork looks really good the last few weeks. And he is running hard and falling forward.

It looks like he has maybe lost some top end.

Personally I think that the fact Henry is such a workout warrior type that he packs on muscle and weight in the off-season. Then as the season goes on he has to change his workouts obviously, hence he starts to shed some weight throughout the season that's why he gets better over time. Someone said he looks like he's lost some top end speed, give it till mid October and you will start to see the big runs again.

He definitely is looking like the old Henry again. He is breaking tackles and his shiftiness has been very impressive. With such a limited pass attack (not much blame for Tannehill; he has actually played quite well despite the circumstances), we are very dependent on Henry staying healthy and productive.

I was thinking it appears he doesn't have the burst he used to watching the game.

He's obviously still a very good back, but I think we're at the beginning of the downslope.

playoff Tannehill is when the interceptions start

This o line is hot trash. There is no opening in the a or b gap every down pretty much. Didn't watch game 5 cause I'm in Turkey but week 1-4 was Henry slamming into a guard to get something outta nothing. Also teams swarm the outside to keep Henry in the middle so he doesn't get his classic breakaway. The fact we can't design run blocking plays for our best player to make a play frustrates me.

I was thinking it appears he doesn't have the burst he used to watching the game.

He's obviously still a very good back, but I think we're at the beginning of the downslope.

He’s 28, is a workhorse, and coming off a broken foot. I never expected him to be the best running back year after year. It’s rare for an NFL running back to even be the best back to back seasons. But as you said, he’s still a very good running back. Henry also hasn’t gotten the blocking yet to the point where he has clear open field, but it’s obvious on those screen passes, that he’s still very dangerous in the open field.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why Henry wouldn't be in shape? He's had all offseason to get in shape...a little hesitant about his foot? Maybe. But the man is in shape

I don't know why Henry wouldn't be in shape? He's had all offseason to get in shape...a little hesitant about his foot? Maybe. But the man is in shape
Yep. It's more that he's hitting the age of decline for backs. The Cowboys are going through the same thing with Zeke. We should be thrilled that henry has looked as good as he has all things considered

He showed up to camp looking ripped and actually looks a bit leaner (maybe to take some weight off the surgically repaired foot?), and pretty much takes all the snaps unless it’s an obvious passing situation, so he’s definitely in shape.

i think derrick henry is elite and will be elite for years to come. hes racking up like 150 yards of offense vs the worst offensive line and half the time he runs we have no WRs on the field its just like a giant sign being held up that we are running

Seriously this man is in ridiculous shape. I find it odd he always appears to bulk up top yet his legs to me seem slim….likely just the way his uni makes him look.

Seriously this man is in ridiculous shape. I find it odd he always appears to bulk up top yet his legs to me seem slim….likely just the way his uni makes him look.
He does look slim in the legs but he's 6'3 250lbs... I'm sure it's just an illusion and his legs are plenty big and strong.

And yeah, if anyone questions if Henry is in shape, they're out of their mind. Dude works hard

i think derrick henry is elite and will be elite for years to come. hes racking up like 150 yards of offense vs the worst offensive line and half the time he runs we have no WRs on the field its just like a giant sign being held up that we are running
half..... way more than half the time Dh22 sees 8 or more in the box... T17 seems to never check out of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back