Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I personally believe the biggest problem with the Titans at this moment is the offensive line. Second problem being the lack of urgency with coaching.

I was just curious to know if people here think of we had a Patrick mahomes on this team or were in the playoffs and contending?

I think Mahomes puts the titans back in the playoff race with the division. I don’t think he would make the team SB contenders.

OL is the glaring problem but it’s so bad that it overshadows legit other issues.

The D is not as good as I had hoped. Pass rush is getting some sacks but the secondary is terrible. Tackling on/off all season has been an issue. We really miss having a guy like Bulluck that could get a sack or a coverage INT because he could do both and tackle.

WR as a whole needs improved but Hopkins has been great.
TE is a bigger issue. Maybe Chig just had a sophomore slump and will be ready to breakout like was expected this year but Wesco/Whyle are just guys on a roster. We really saw Firkser breakout with a Johnnu Smith there. Maybe just a second quality TE.

QB is still going to be a problem in the sense that Levis is going to go through the struggles of any young QB. Stay healthy and learn, we’ve got our man. A backup just in case is an issue but I think down the list.

RB- I want to keep Henry for sure and let him split with Spears. It’s been one of the limited bright spots this season. I don’t think spears can handle the full workload and Henry should break EG27’s record as well as become first wire to wire Titan in the HoF. Cost matters, I’m less frugal with Henry’s money than some others.

All of this will be discussed in great length starting 3 weeks from now.

Mahomes is having enough issues with his own team. They have a ton more talent than we do. Mahomes has turned into an entitled prima dona and a big baby. To many off field distractions. They are going to be 1 and done if they aren’t careful.

I mean, yeah. Kelce since he got poon whipped is about as impactful as DHop. And then who else do they have? A bunch of nobodies just like us.

I think Andy Reid is a better coach than Vrabel... But yeah... We are winning the AFCS and promptly getting bounced from the playoffs if we have Mahomes, just like the Chiefs are gonna do.

I mean, yeah. Kelce since he got poon whipped is about as impactful as DHop. And then who else do they have? A bunch of nobodies just like us.

I think Andy Reid is a better coach than Vrabel... But yeah... We are winning the AFCS and promptly getting bounced from the playoffs if we have Mahomes, just like the Chiefs are gonna do.
Its going to be fun to see them get bounced in the divisional round.

I personally believe the biggest problem with the Titans at this moment is the offensive line. Second problem being the lack of urgency with coaching.

I was just curious to know if people here think of we had a Patrick mahomes on this team or were in the playoffs and contending?

Mahomes got the Chiefs to the SB with a terrible OL. So did Burrow. So yes, I think a truly elite QB like Burrow or a Mahomes could take this current team to a deep run in the playoffs.

The caveat is our play calling by the OC. But I think Pat or Burrow probably call their own plays a good amount of the time anyways, so it may not matter quite as much.

Mahomes got the Chiefs to the SB with a terrible OL. So did Burrow. So yes, I think a truly elite QB like Burrow or a Mahomes could take this current team to a deep run in the playoffs.

The caveat is our play calling by the OC. But I think Pat or Burrow probably call their own plays a good amount of the time anyways, so it may not matter quite as much.

Mahomes obviously doesn’t call his own plays which is evident by his comments in the last game caught on camera bitching about the play not coming in to him fast enough.

I’ve never known the Chiefs to have a bad OLine. But they do have alot better offensive scheme.

The OL has handicapped every part of the team. In our weak division better QB play could certainly have gotten us into the playoffs. Deep playoff run would be doubtful.

The bad OL has also highlighted some of our coaching deficiencies. Our inability to scheme plays to give help to the OL on a consistent basis has been infuriating to me because when we have schemed for help we have hit some nice passes down the field.

I will give Tim Kelly credit that he has drawn up some really nice "trick plays" like the Henry TD to Chig... it seems like every game he has 1-2 well designed new plays. But then he kills me with some of his dumb calls.

Both the coaching and OL are at fault for this season

Mahomes obviously doesn’t call his own plays which is evident by his comments in the last game caught on camera bitching about the play not coming in to him fast enough.

I’ve never known the Chiefs to have a bad OLine
. But they do have alot better offensive scheme.

I guess you didn't watch the 2021 SB? The a Chiefs pretty much rebuilt their entire OL after that performance because Mahomes got murdered.

with this offensive line? We would just one badly injured kermit................

I guess you didn't watch the 2021 SB? The a Chiefs pretty much rebuilt their entire OL after that performance because Mahomes got murdered.

In the 2020 season Mahomes was only sacked 22 times.

He was sacked 3 times in the SB. It was a patchwork line because of injury, bad drafts, not lack of talent or bad play.

In the 2020 season they lost starters, including their LT to injury.

So they weren’t bad all season. Yes they were bad in the SB, but that’s 1 game. Albeit a big game.

My 2 cents.

In the 2020 season Mahomes was only sacked 22 times.

He was sacked 3 times in the SB. It was a patchwork line because of injury, bad drafts, not lack of talent or bad play.

In the 2020 season they lost starters, including their LT to injury.

So they weren’t bad all season. Yes they were bad in the SB, but that’s 1 game. Albeit a big game.

My 2 cents.

Bring in their assistant O-Line coach.

I don’t know about…. Burrow only won 2 games his rookie season and got hit ACL blown out in the process.

Hard for any QB to get a team too far on their own when they are getting pounded to death by a bad Oline. Especially one as bad as ours. By all accounts, Levis has done very well so far. I’d love to see how far he can go with a top 5-10 Oline and some weapons.

Can't fix the OL without a good OL coach, which our head coach won't hire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back