Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Rushing 5. Blitzing different people. Pressuring the QB.

"Nah. well just rush the four and hope for the best. My scheme works, I just need talent"

It seems like the scheme is so simple. Whenever one of the outside backers is not covered ie. no TE on that side or a RB on that side, the backer should automatically blitz full out toward the QB at the snap. We saw the same scenario when Volek had his head taken off in the Arizona game.
Something else I saw in the Pats Denver game we never see Schwartzie run is the Pats inside LBs fake dropping into coverage (takes one or two steps back and turns his hips) just enough to fake the OG into double teaming with the center and soon as the OG commits the LB blitzes through the open hole. I know we run a 4-3 but a similar tactic could be used by the MLB or even the OLBs.

Oh..I am sure he watched the game. Did he understand what the Steelers were doing?? That is another story. He probably was yelling MORE ZONE!...MORE ZONE!!!!

For what it's worth, the Pats previously beat the Colts by getting to Manning with just 3 pass rushers and having 8 guys in coverage to make it impossible to find an open receiver.

You don't have to blitz Manning. You just have to hurry him before he can find open receivers.

I hope Reese was watching the game as well and has a change of heart in terms of devaluing LBs.

My only concern about spending FA $$$ and high draft picks on defense is that Schwartz will just waste their talents.

Reese has given him a bunch of high picks already and he has done nothing but produce a consistently predictable and bad defense the past 2 yrs.

Starkiller said:
For what it's worth, the Pats previously beat the Colts by getting to Manning with just 3 pass rushers and having 8 guys in coverage to make it impossible to find an open receiver.

You don't have to blitz Manning. You just have to hurry him before he can find open receivers.

Thats true. But how many other teams tried that and failed?

Hey, teams have tried to blitz him and have gotten killed, too.

You can't beat the Colts with just a scheme (though I still like my strategy of a 20-man blitz on the first play to try and injure Peyton). You have to have players who are good enough to execute it as well as the Colts can execute on offense...

The trick was not showing your defensive "cards". Usually Peyton does a fake snap signal to see who is coming, the Steelers weren't moving (most plays) until the ball was snapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back