Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
conditional... approve... disapprove poll...

I'm a hair trigger from making it public... but some people may need a closet to hind in. Except Ewker... dear Lawd! no more rant...ok people...

Mac9 goes and Law comes in...

can you dig it?

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
I'm a hair trigger from making it public...
I didn't make this poll public btw. I felt like it for a second then I figured it was pointless. I would like to point out that there is a question mark forming over Pacman's head. There is a chance he might be the starting pine rider. It might just be like that. This guy Law has got every bit as much time as McNair... does he not? Does Law just make a bad situation worse for us in Tennessee? Is McNair gone anyways so we might as well? Or is that just irresponsible?

I don't know the answers... I'm just making up questions.

:coffee:

Won't Law command almost the same salary as McNair is asking? I know he's requesting a ridicolously high price, though I don't know how high.

Here's what to expect:

Law visits. Lots of love from both sides. Reese says he wish he could sign him. No cap room. Maybe down the road when things are worked out with McNair.

He'll leave Law on the market until after the June cuts to drive down the price. Law is an overpriced luxery with limited upside. If Law is out there in mid-June and the Titans have some cap room, it might happen. But if the Titans are only 150K under the cap right now, no way anything will happen anytime soon.

I'm as uncertain about Law's value as I am McNair's. I don't see cutting McNair to get Law as a good move from a risk v. benefit standpoint.

I think if Mac is gone Law will slow the bleeding from the pain standpoint but you can never replace the face of the franchise (not in one year) unless they win an SB this year and Law is the SB MVP i think this would be a mute point by then though. And to dream of a SB this year is like.......thinking Santa Claus is real.

Starkiller said:
I'm sure a lot of people would like to add a good CB right away.
are you saying that Law is a good corner? Just cost prohibitive and not the type of character the Titans need in the role of vet leadership?

That is what I am drawing...

I myself am concerned for Jones. He needs a Samari Rolle type riding him and grapping him by the face mask... bring him the "real" as some might say... How about this SK... do you think that Pacman Jones and his baggage are driving this interest in Law... McNair saga aside???

Law has his own baggage. Remember his drug arrest a few years ago?

I don't see the need to spend the money on an older vet who isn't going to be around by the time we are competitive. If we're going to do that, it should be McNair since he can help mentor Young. Plus, I'd rather we have one of our younger CBs (i.e. Reynaldo) on the field to develop.

I'm for bringing in a cheap vet CB. I have your same concerns about Law. I also think that Law just seems to be looking for the pay day. I don't think that winning a SB is his top priority at this point.

Starkiller said:
Law has his own baggage. Remember his drug arrest a few years ago?

I don't see the need to spend the money on an older vet who isn't going to be around by the time we are competitive. If we're going to do that, it should be McNair since he can help mentor Young. Plus, I'd rather we have one of our younger CBs (i.e. Reynaldo) on the field to develop.

By the time we are competitive our corners hopefully will not need to be guided...I hope they are the ones doing the guiding..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back