Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about Young, i honestly think he'll either be another McNair or another Vick, but he could suprises me and be something unique.

Young likes to run, alot natrually. Rookie/developing QBs end up scrambling around alot anyways ( look at Farve first few years in Green Bay). I think Young will either settle down and not run too much/too often and just rollout, scramble, or fake the run to make a pass play (McNair) or he'll end up running too much and not really throwing the ball often or well (Vick, and look at his TD to Int ratio most years). I will admit I think Vicks problem is he's a leftie and Crumpler is his best receiver.

Either way Young would be a youthful energetic athletic QB with playmaking ability into the picture for any team he plays for.

Our best bet is to trade down. And not just one time. In order to get this team back to where we were we need talent. This strategy worked wonders for us before (Bruce Matthews). If we could trade down to 6 or 7 with SF or Oakland and then down to the 13-16 range again we could net 1 or 2 more 2nd rounders and 2 3rd rounders. With these picks we could get Greenway, Simpson/Bing, Mangold/Spencer, Howard/Carpenter and Omar Jacobs.

Is jumping of a bridge an option? If we dont draft Brick, Trade, Vince, or Cutler, I will lose my mind and jump of a bridge

i've almost got to prepare for the option of our pick NOT being Vince

he's not really a Floyd guy
nor a Jeff guy
and apparently not a Chow guy

he's kind of a Randle El / Hines Ward type guy or even a Matt Jones type
meaning you know he can do some things well, but how is he gonna be running your offense
you gotta wonder if he's always going to be a QB at the NFL level (assuming he's struglling at QB at some point)
he certainly could play other positions if he so desired

he just kinda has that "SuperMan" aura
you just don't wanna pass on SuperMan

but if Matt / Jay were to come in here
grasp the offense like a Chow protege' and a Vandy alumn should and one of them happens to shorten the waiting curve, and LOW AND BEHOLD the offense clicks like a fine Swiss timepiece we'll forget about Vince pretty quick

it's 3 years down the road when he's commanding an NFL offense like T, and he's the next Mike Vick completing 70% of his passes - that's when I'll be pissed

maximus said:
Do they have life insurance for 18 years olds
No life insurance policy covers suicide. The trick is to make it look like a suicide if you're trying to rip off an insurance company. N/A for our purposes so even my answer for option 8 is more cute than it is accurate...but to answer your question, yes... Actually, at 18 a whole life policy is relatively cheap. It may surprise you but parents/guardians can buy life insurance policies covering children... At 18 you can join the Army, take a VISA card and buy a life insurance policy... You can even sleep with someone twice your age and not break any laws. Can't drink... but if you're hit by a drunk driver and die, you too can be covered...

wg53 said:
Our best bet is to trade down. And not just one time. In order to get this team back to where we were we need talent. This strategy worked wonders for us before (Bruce Matthews). If we could trade down to 6 or 7 with SF or Oakland and then down to the 13-16 range again we could net 1 or 2 more 2nd rounders and 2 3rd rounders. With these picks we could get Greenway, Simpson/Bing, Mangold/Spencer, Howard/Carpenter and Omar Jacobs.

Based on the draft value table dropping down to #6 or #7 would net us an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder. Dropping down from 7 to 14 or so would net us another 2nd rounder. I would do the first deal but would not be excited about the second deal. At 6 or 7 we could still get Cutler, Hawk, Huff or Lendale White and there is an outside chance Ferguson could still be on the board. I would be happy with any of those guys over having another 2nd rounder.

Will be happy with Leinart. Anything less and I'm not so happy, and we're looking at years of losing, or at best mediocracy.

Soxcat said:
Based on the draft value table dropping down to #6 or #7 would net us an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder. Dropping down from 7 to 14 or so would net us another 2nd rounder. I would do the first deal but would not be excited about the second deal. At 6 or 7 we could still get Cutler, Hawk, Huff or Lendale White and there is an outside chance Ferguson could still be on the board. I would be happy with any of those guys over having another 2nd rounder.

So were you happy that we landed Bruce Matthews years ago? Because this is how they landed him...They traded down twice in the first. This draft is deep and we don't have the ammo currently to fix our holes. If we fell to around 14 or so on the 2nd trade down there is a great chance that we could get White, Williams, Huff, or Greenway. All 4 of those guys would be great for the Titans especially the later two. If Matt Leinart is not there at 3 we should trade down period. We don't need a top 3 draft pick contract on something other than a QB and neither Cutler or Young are top 3 material. By netting additional 2nd rounders, we can fix our LB corps and draft a starter at S. And possibly a good C/G. Then with a 3rd rounder get a QB like Jacobs.

If Matt Leinart is not there at 3 we should trade down period. We don't need a top 3 draft pick contract on something other than a QB and neither Cutler or Young are top 3 material.
Young may be over rated and Cutler may be under rated...
but your standard for top 3 material must be real high.

All kinds of people are VY this, VY that... Leinart or nobody?
That's unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back