Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Resource: Detroit Free Press

- Even though Joey Harrington will start Saturday against New Orleans and has two years left on his contract, the Lions could decide to cut ties after this season with the quarterback they drafted third overall in 2002. Harrington wants to finish what he began in Detroit. But he also wonders what it would be like to get a fresh start elsewhere.

Players in this situation... you have to look at the intangibles and what they would bring to the table, given the right opportunity... Farve is a great example. I'm not comparing Harrington to Farve, I'm comparing simular situations.

I hesitated with the thought also at first, but given his talent and the thought of what he could do under Chow's offense... I would seriously consider it depending on the price.

Joey has much better weapons at his disposal
and has had ample time to prove his worth

despite having a good game this year (against San Fran?)
he has proven that he isn't a Pro caliber QB

he might not even make our roster

I'd rather take my chances with Mauch than Joey

Joey Harrington would be a great backup, I still think he has a shot to develop into a decent nfl passer but no way he lives up to his times square billboard hype. Sucks to see him struggle because he seems like a real good guy, it was a lot more fun seeing Ryan Leaf suck ***

I was actually thinking of grabbing him if as said the price was right, get a rookie in the draft as well and have Mac come back for another year. Get some healthy competition for the spot.

Besides, as I've said before, there's more to the mess in Detroit than Harrington. I mean Garcia hasn't exactly been lighting it up either, despite all the "star" receivers. My bet is even P. Manning couldn't get that team to .500.

Puck said:
Joey has much better weapons at his disposal
and has had ample time to prove his worth

not really. Roy Williams is a good reciever, Rogers is a borderline bust and Mike Williams hasnt done much.

I hear the O-Line sucks too.

Gunny said:
not really. Roy Williams is a good reciever, Rogers is a borderline bust and Mike Williams hasnt done much.

I hear the O-Line sucks too.

Roy is a better reciever then people give credit for. Rogers is still developing. Mike Williams is a rookie, so not even worth discussing at this point. The O-Line is fine. Harrington just is not a competant NFL QB. He's been surronded by talent, and just cannot function as a starting QB. When an aging, over the hill QB like Garcia can run the offense better then you, then that's a telling sign that you just ain't what you was labeled.:irked:

he'd be allright if he had a line... i dont want him though. not as our starter at least... wouldnt mind having him as our Volek though

I would trade for Matt Schaub of the Falcons in a heart beat... He would start day one if it was up to me. Harrington would add valued depth if the price was right. Realistically, we couldn't do both... that being said it would be a plan A, plan B thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back