Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
.....and Steve does not return to Baptist Sports Park or to the Titans, what do you think the odds are that Vince Young will be picked by the Titans?
Personally I think it looks bad for VY if he wanted to play here. Cutler and Leinart will be ready to play sooner, IMO, than VY.
With Steve gone, we can't wait 2 years to get our new starting QB onto the field.

I think it would be a disappointment TO Vince Young...He has to be looking forward to working with his mentor...? I think Leinart is probably the most ready for the NFL out of the three....I just thinks Cutler takes to many risks, the kind that will be devastating in the NFL.....

of course Cutler took at lot of risks! Look who he played for, he had to. Put him on a good team and surround him with the players ML or VY had and see how well he would have preformed. Now put those QB's on Vandy and see what would have happened to them.

I can always count a good argument from Ewker :) When I say risks...maybe I mean bad decisions. I haven't seen that much of him, honestly, but it seems like he doesn't see the 'whole' field.

dontdraftCutler said:
I think it would be a disappointment TO Vince Young...He has to be looking forward to working with his mentor...? I think Leinart is probably the most ready for the NFL out of the three....I just thinks Cutler takes to many risks, the kind that will be devastating in the NFL.....
How do you think he felt a few days ago when Steve said he didn't want to be a mentor for who the Titans may pick at #3?

KobeChaz said:
How do you think he felt a few days ago when Steve said he didn't want to be a mentor for who the Titans may pick at #3?
Steve didn't say he didn't want to be a mentor. He SAID that he feels that he has many more years left in him to play and he didn't want to groom a QB to take over the reins in the next year or two.

I don't understand why people are saying that Leinart is more prepared to be a starter in the NFL, moreso than Young. If I recall, wasn't it Young who basically, singlehandedly won the Rose Bowl? Making quick, good decisions and crucial plays?

elfinmagic53 said:
Steve didn't say he didn't want to be a mentor. He SAID that he feels that he has many more years left in him to play and he didn't want to groom a QB to take over the reins in the next year or two.

This is what was said, " Bus Cook, agent for QB Steve McNair, claims his client wants to remain a starter for the next few seasons and has no interest in grooming a rookie to replace him. "He is a starter. Why would he want to mentor a young guy to take his place? He is not ready for the rocking chair. It doesn't matter if it is Cutler, Leinart, Vince Young or anybody else. It doesn't make sense for Steve McNair to take a huge cut in pay — it wouldn't be this year obviously, but it would be next — to be a mentor for some young guy no matter who it is. It might be great for Tennessee, but it wouldn't be good for Steve."

As I said before, how do you think VY or any QB for that matter felt after he heard, or read that?

dontdraftCutler said:
I didn't say Young does, but I think he does more than Cutler.

Cutler had 21 TDs and 9 ints with a QB rating of 126 (3073 yards in 11 games).
If Cutler had put up those stats at USC he would be considered a decent QB but doing that at Vandy is nothing short of outstanding. His OL was overmatched every game and his WRs were not exactly stellar although late in the year when true freshman Earl Bennett really started to take off Cutler's stats went from decent to great (he averaged 352 yards per game his last 4 games against SC, Kentucky, Florida and UT). To say he doesn't see the field and makes poor decisions is not reflected in his stats concidering he had to run for his life most of the time.

Cutler was the only QB to throw for more than 300 yards against Tennessee and Mississippi and only one of two to do so against Kentucky, Florida and South Carolina (Florida and SC gave up over 300 yards in their bowl games).
IMO Cutler would do as well if not better than Leinart if he played with the same level of talent.

KobeChaz said:
This is what was said, " Bus Cook, agent for QB Steve McNair, claims his client wants to remain a starter for the next few seasons and has no interest in grooming a rookie to replace him. "He is a starter. Why would he want to mentor a young guy to take his place? He is not ready for the rocking chair. It doesn't matter if it is Cutler, Leinart, Vince Young or anybody else. It doesn't make sense for Steve McNair to take a huge cut in pay — it wouldn't be this year obviously, but it would be next — to be a mentor for some young guy no matter who it is. It might be great for Tennessee, but it wouldn't be good for Steve."

As I said before, how do you think VY or any QB for that matter felt after he heard, or read that?

I beleive the following day Steve straightened that comment out.

Ewker said:
of course Cutler took at lot of risks! Look who he played for, he had to. Put him on a good team and surround him with the players ML or VY had and see how well he would have preformed. Now put those QB's on Vandy and see what would have happened to them.

Vince still would have eaten people alive.... SEC, ACC, Big12, doesn't matter... He was a man among boys at times.... ok none of them are boys but you get the picture.:)

It sure looks that way. My reasoning being, nobody believes VY will be ready to start in the NFL this fall. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they think VY would do just as well sitting behind Volek. Who knows?

It's strange, but looking at the mock drafts, it seems like fewer and fewer people are talking about Vince being a titan except for on this board... a vast majority of the mocks have us taking matt.

I think McNair has no impact on the draft choice.
Chances? ok... Vinnie and Guido just paid me a visit...:winker:
here you go.

No Steve McNair...

odds of Leinart 10-1 (will be drafted at #2)
odds of Cutler 5-1
odds of Young 3-1

odds that we draft Mario what's his name the DE - 1,237,834 to 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back