Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vince.... join forces with me and we'll be the new double-dealing do-badders. Houston will be laid to rubble!
250px-Dickdastardly.jpg

Kinda off topic (like there was one lol) but this is from Seth Wickersham:

"1. Leinart's desire to be an actor/star/model/celebrity/whatever is a worrisome distraction b/c it's ANOTHER CAREER. Hunting is a hobby. Flying planes is a hobby. Even flying around the world and dancing like crazy is a hobby. Having other career interests in mind is a big problem, any way you slice it.

Seth: Good points. I guess it depends on how far Leinart wants to take it. I doubt he wants it to be a true second career, at least right now. The "Hollywood" factor I think is overblown because it's clear Leinart loves football. You don't return to college for a year after you could have been the top pick if you don't love playing football.

2. Leinart has questionable arm strength and beyond questionable mobility. If he doesn't have health concerns now, he will after he makes eight starts behind the Titans' questionable offensive line and spends half of every game on his back. In two years, Norm Chow will have taken a more lucrative coordinating job with a better team or will be running his own college program, and Leinart will be trying to figure out a whole new offense. The Titans would be crazy not to give themselves a chance with Vince Young; the upside there is simply remarkable. "

from here: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=wickersham_seth#20060428

Thats why I don't want Leinart. He is a prospect "you see what you get". Unless the system is gonna be in place for the next 4-8 year whats the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back