Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
For the IR return rule is it 4 games or 4 weeks?

It looks like I've seen games, but that really doesn't make sense when you have bye weeks. A guy gets hurt week 3 and his team doesn't have a bye until week 11 then he is back in 4weeks, but a team with a bye week 6 that same guy would have to sit out 5 weeks... doesn't seem right

Also any word on Molden or McMath?

Getting a healthy Molden back would help the secondary a bunch because we could then leave Fulton and McCreary on the outside and not have to see Mitchell/Farley on the field

"Players designated for return from the reserve/injured or reserve/non-football injury/illness list are eligible to come back after "four games have elapsed since the date he was placed on the applicable reserve list,"

That's from the memo that was sent to teams when they changed IR rules during the pandemic etc.

I would assume they count the bye week though.

"Players designated for return from the reserve/injured or reserve/non-football injury/illness list are eligible to come back after "four games have elapsed since the date he was placed on the applicable reserve list,"

That's from the memo that was sent to teams when they changed IR rules during the pandemic etc.

I would assume they count the bye week though.

They do not. It is specifically 4 games

My IR question is, does putting a player on IR release some of their cap space? Typically the entire salary isn't guaranteed for injuries. With all the money we have on IR (Lewan and Landry mostly), doesn't that give us some wiggle room to play with this season?

Interesting. Like the OP said, kind of a disadvantage to not count the bye week. But it does read 4 GAMES and not weeks.

Guess it's not that shocking that an NFL rule doesn't make sense.

I don't understand how anyone could think the bye week counts as a game.

My IR question is, does putting a player on IR release some of their cap space? Typically the entire salary isn't guaranteed for injuries. With all the money we have on IR (Lewan and Landry mostly), doesn't that give us some wiggle room to play with this season?

From what I understand, it only frees up a roster spot. If you get cap relief from an injury depends on the players contract.

Right. Since Lewan and Landry's contracts aren't fully guaranteed, shouldn't we have extra cap space in 2022?
For Lewan I would think so. For Landry though I would be surprised if this year was not fully guaranteed

Whole thing is so complicated. Even sites that track cap numbers (Sport trac and Over The Cap) admit they are not 100% accurate.

I don't understand how anyone could think the bye week counts as a game.
Typically you hear a player is out 4 weeks etc. Even some of what I've read in a quick Google search says weeks instead of games. It's not that anyone thinks that the bye week counts as a game...it's the wording used in the media vs the actual rules etc.

And again, it's kind of a disadvantage to lose a player for an extra week just because your team has a mandatory game off that week.

Typically you hear a player is out 4 weeks etc. Even some of what I've read in a quick Google search says weeks instead of games. It's not that anyone thinks that the bye week counts as a game...it's the wording used in the media vs the actual rules etc.

And again, it's kind of a disadvantage to lose a player for an extra week just because your team has a mandatory game off that week.

I see it as an advantage because I can't remember the last time that someone coming off IR has been ready to go and 100% when the 4 weeks is up. And then you are forced to either put them on year long or burn a roster spot for a while.

I see it as an advantage because I can't remember the last time that someone coming off IR has been ready to go and 100% when the 4 weeks is up. And then you are forced to either put them on year long or burn a roster spot for a while.
Yeah you could look at it that way also.

But in a case where the player is better in 3 weeks and can't play til the 6th game, it sucks. But yes, typically they go on IR knowing it's going to be 4+ before they're actually good to go anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back