Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I knew how far that would go in the way of talent to help this team.
Can't really put a price on a good education...

graduate_baby.jpeg

I have a hard time justifying it when he is on the backside of his career... add-in the fact that we're sitting 3rd in the draft with a'least 2 legit projected franchise Quarterback and a 3rd that could go either way. I don't see us in the position to take advantage of this kind of opportunity anytime soon. 95' was the last time and it established ourselves for 10 plus years.

I see no advantages to using the cap space now as opposed to later. In fact it is better used later when we are more attractive as a team. McNair is our best player and we have the money to give him. Why not. It does not slow our progress any. We are a better team with McNair than Volek and some retreads that the top tier teams did not want.

Titanpride said:
95' was the last time and it established ourselves for 10 plus years.

not really, it took Steve 3 years (as a QB) to get going and he's slowed considerably in the last 2

realistically <gulp> Steve has never really been an "ELITE" QB
he only threw for 20+ TD's 'thrice' and never threw more than 24
he threw for 16 or less TD's in 8 of his 11 years
he threw for over 3,000 yards only 5 times and never over 3,400
he hasn't rushed for more than 140 yards in 3 years
he's only played an entire season 3 times in his career
and he has rushed for only TWO td's in the last 2 years

as much as I love the guy, it's time to cut losses

put this resume in front of an NFL GM and ask for $10million
it might sound something like this "Bahaaahhahahahahaaahhhaaaaa!"

What about the ability to aquire another high caliber quality LB to give our defense some teeth over the long run. A first time UFA coming in...

I hope we can get the best of both words.

VH_COVER.JPG

Is that basically the $9 mil salary and the $1 mil option bonus?

And what would that take us to in terms of cap savings?

I think $7-8 is fair. Give him some TD bonus, yardage bonus, run bonus. I doubt he goes for that, it's kind of insulting. $10M only if it is saving us some money.

But I don't think getting rid of him is smart, either. It's more damaging than losing EG. Doubt McNair is holding us hostage. Cook has been relatively quiet for years, and now his cycle is coming around again. His chest has gotten soft from not throwing it around for so long.

Cook reps Young...this is of no impact? :hmm:
A tale of two backs in EG & JB?
Handing off a legacy?:greedy:

Priceless. He's staying.
Reece lacks the balls to shove McNair off the boat.
They need to put something in his contract
about some secret off shore account.
That'll get-r-done.

One of my contacts says he heard that Reese offered McNair $6million per season for 2 seasons.. Also several (more than 1) veteran QB's have expressed interest in coming here, at less money than we have offered Steve, and they will to start for 1 to 1 1/2 years and then stay on as the backup for a year or so..anybody hear this??

if it's true I suspect Steve may seek the open market

Don't know ..I asked the same question.. of course this may be Reese posturing his side.. but Steve must have an offer of $9-10 million on the table so we may be doing him a favor by letting him go and see if he can get his ring in Miami..

Puck said:
put this resume in front of an NFL GM and ask for $10million
it might sound something like this "Bahaaahhahahahahaaahhhaaaaa!"

Garbage. This league is starved of decent QBs.

Off the top of my head, the following teams would be upgraded immediately with McNair at QB.

Arizona, Baltimore, Buffalo, Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, New York Jets, Oakland, San Francisco, Tampa Bay and potentially Dallas.

Is $10m "value for money"? Maybe not. But I reckon someone would be willing to pay it. And I'm damn sure there isn't a better available QB to lead our team in 2007.

If Houston keeps Carr, and it looks like they plan to, the only teams out there that are on the way up, and could go to the playoffs next year and need a qb are Miami and Dallas.. Tampa and Chicago are set, but I guess New Orleans might want Steve to mentor VY..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back