Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So I have an idea, tell me if I'm an idiot.

So Sunday we play the steelers. Frankly, the thought of Dupree and watt running full speed at tanny with only sambrilio and Kelley in their way... I had a thought.

Why not put Wilson in as a te, especially on run downs.

Yeah, he's not good enough to start yet, but surely with his massive size he could be more help next to a weak tackle than one of our real TE would be? And. Jonnu is hurt anyway.

Thoughts on feasibility?

So Sunday we play the steelers. Frankly, the thought of Dupree and watt running full speed at tanny with only sambrilio and Kelley in their way... I had a thought.

Yeah, he's not good enough to start yet, but surely with his massive size he could be more help next to a weak tackle than one of our real TE would be? And. Jonnu is hurt anyway.

Thoughts on feasibility?
giphy.gif

Isn't a 350 pound TE a little over kill? You can just have Firkser (or any TE) help and still be a viable pass catcher. A simple chip on Watt would have prevented the catastrophe we had last game. Also, if our starting OT sucks that bad we might as well put a huge 350 pound guy with the wingspan of a 747 in there to begin with as the starter.

Thoughts on feasibility?

Id love to see the big boy catch a touchdown pass lol. I don’t think he will play this weekend unless he has to, but hopefully he slowly starts seeing the field as a lineman.

Thoughts on feasibility?

And then every time he came into the game the Steelers would know we are running the ball.

You gonna have Wilson run a route? Lol

Personally I would find that hilarious. But strictly for argument sake IF he's in as a TE the defense would be thinking run play.
Instead we call a play action pass Wilson is supporting the tackle and / or picking up a blitzer, we roll Tannenhill out and he hits one of our WR's for a long Touchdown.

I'd actually put him at tackle and slide Kelly or Sambrailo out to TE in those situations.

Just because he's lined up at TE doesn't make him any better in pass pro if he's on the edge. If you keep him from being the outside guy, he's less likely to be the weak link on the line, and can get help from the outside if needed.

Personally I would find that hilarious. But strictly for argument sake IF he's in as a TE the defense would be thinking run play.
Instead we call a play action pass Wilson is supporting the tackle and / or picking up a blitzer, we roll Tannenhill out and he hits one of our WR's for a long Touchdown.

Well if we trust him that much in pass pro against their edge rushers he needs to be starting lol I understand what you’re saying but I think that’s one of those “easier said than done” situations. We don’t wanna tip our hand to this defense in any way.

Still hasn't even practiced (illness)

Let's see if the kid can even run for 10 seconds and we can put into a game. Put him on goal line and heavy packages and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back