Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm an offender. Politics. Go figure.

party_democrat.jpg

and proud.

why dont they friggin put out a law on spam and junk mail.

I get 19 from the time I am asleep to the time I wake up. Plus what I get during the day.

Gunny said:
why dont they friggin put out a law on spam and junk mail.

I get 19 from the time I am asleep to the time I wake up. Plus what I get during the day.
We have one, but they can't prosecute non-American offenders and they have to catch the person doing it, too...

What we really need to do is have a more secure email system. But that's a while down the road, mainly because everyone would have to agree one 1 particular system and no body will be willing to compromise.

and there is also the problem of those viruses which send out spam/virus emails thus you have to pay for something your not sending out.

But seriously, no one could possibly send out that many emails to friends/families etc to have a high cost involved.

if each country had their own system, if someone from Uzbekistan sent you spam mail, it could be tracked by the Uzbekistani server couldn't it?

In theory, but then you have to worry about some nation's system not being compatible with another nation's.

The only real way to do it is for everyone to have the same basic system.

Well, it could happen if most of the big tech players can somehow agree on it (eventually it will happen). Once it hits critical mass, everyone else basically has no choice but to adopt it.

And it really won't be a matter of nations. It's more a matter of tech powers. If everyone on the outside wants to keep communicating with those who have upgraded, they will have to upgrade as well...

I'll tell you what annoys me on the net...
being promised a XBox over and over and never getting it. :sad2:

Where's my damn XBox!? :ha:

Who's going to prision for that? :))

Boy, talk about a tangent...

Doesn't it bother you that laws like this are being made? That we have to be so protected as to have a "right" to not be annoyed by a poster?

Little story: I spend a lot of time at another site. This site was created because the moderators at Cakewalk would not do their job, and a vicious, offensive and disgusting troll was having his way with the other posters. After several attempts to have this addressed, one of the posters had enough, and started his own forum...invitation only. With our walkout (98 posters), Cakewalk suddenly became concerned. They wound up shutting their lounge forum down, and their help forum is worthless because all the knowledgable pros left. Cakewalk CEO Ron Kuper actually joined us.
We soon went public, and the troll appeared. We spotted him, and he was banned in 9 minutes. He appeared again, and his entire IP range was banned. No problem.
We handled annoying people WITHOUT the help of our otherwise useless government. Soon we'll be imprisoning "anonymous" people who flip us off while driving.
GROW UP, AMERICA!! :grrr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back