Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against the Colts? Who cares...against the Titans is what I'm worried about. Is Floyd enjoying his nap....it's been a few years since he's had some money to play with....do you think he forgot how this all works?

Vigsted said:
That's the positive spin, SK, the negative is at the end only the crappy players are available
We're in no position to be overspending for FAs. None of them are going to put us over the top.

Jags nab cornerback Williams with 6-year, $32M deal

Cornerback Brian Williams agreed to a six-year, $32 million deal with the Jaguars that included a $10 million signing bonus. ...more

...which is why there's all the talk about "mid-tier" FA's. I think I read somewhere (frontpage of this site, I believe, TJ) that Dave Thornton is in for a visit this weekend, right?

I'd say old Floyd's got his game face on.

Brian Williams got 6 year deal for 32 Million.

Heck, I say we just go out and pay double the market for a couple of "big name" FA and shoot our wad on 2 players. Yep. That would work.

VolnTitan said:
Brian Williams got 6 year deal for 32 Million.

Heck, I say we just go out and pay double the market for a couple of "big name" FA and shoot our wad on 2 players. Yep. That would work.

that is how some of us here want it done. :sad2:

Yes, on a select few players, we should pay market value...whatever that is. For all we know, those "inflated" contracts we are seeing could all be like Andre Dyson's with Seattle....next year, they could be shown the door with minimal cap consequences.

The guys being signed today are getting big signing bonuses up front, unlike Dyson. There is no way they are getting cut next year.

As for paying market value, that's exactly what we want and you don't. You are asking the team to pay above market value to outbid other teams for the top players. We are in no position to do that right now.

The only guy gone so far that I really would have wanted is Bentley. And he got more money than our team should pay for that position. It would be nice to have a nice nasty run masher at center though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back