Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Given that JSN missed basically all of last season with a hamstring injury can the Titans even think about drafting him. He is probably the best route runner in the draft. I just think about Vrable calling out the guys with soft tissue injuries. I have flashbacks to Jake Schifino and his recurrent hammy conditions.

I know we need to add a WR but I pass on him.

Given that JSN missed basically all of last season with a hamstring injury can the Titans even think about drafting him. He is probably the best route runner in the draft. I just think about Vrabel calling out the guys with soft tissue injuries. I have flashbacks to Jake Schifino and his recurrent hammy conditions.

I know we need to add a WR but I pass on him.
Good point about his injury. The soft tissue injuries was something that Vrabel seems to be focusing on as of late, and I think a reason that we didn't resign David Long.

It's a toss up to me if they look at JSN. I personally prefer Zay Flowers, he just has a little more juice. But I think 11 is too high for either of them. Trade back to the late teens, then take either one and I'm fine - that is, if they think JSN can stay healthy.

Injured eh?

JRob would love him
images

JRob be like, be a steal in the 2nd

my tone has changed on JSN.... if he is available at 11 then I'd be good with taking him. The Titans have missed having that dependable slot guy since Adam Humphries got his bell rung. Sure we have Phillips who looks like he could be a productive slot guy. JSN has the skill set to play the slot or play outside. He will be the QBs best friend with his ability to create separation in short areas.

Really? What makes him a diva? Because he didn't paly through injury last year (I'm sure Vrabel will love that) or was there more behind the scenes?

Reasons not to take him:

1. He is just a slot WR, and taking a slot WR when you have pressing other needs is brain dead.

2. His draft stock is literally based off his production numbers when playing in a WR room consisted of Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave. HUGE HUGE HUGE red flag. Shows that he needs other super talents to garnish attention.

3. He chose to sit out the CFP semi (and natty if we went) by his own decision. And that's fine and dandy, but after we lost a super tight game to Georgia... he does an interview and says during the interview, IF I WOULD HAVE PLAYED WE WOULD HAVE BEATEN GEORGIA.... That's a huge red flag that he is a diva WR who is willing to let someone drowns if it means it keeps his chin above water.

4. He is hurt. How about we take a WR who is healthy at the time of the draft for once... idk, just a thought...

Last edited by a moderator:
2. His draft stock is literally based off his production numbers when playing in a WR room consisted of Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave. HUGE HUGE HUGE red flag. Shows that he needs other super talents to garnish attention.

In the one game full game that he played without Wilson and Olave he had 15 catches for 347 yds....

having a stud slot WR can be a QBs best friend... just ask Brady....

I do worry about his injury, but IMO he is the only WR in this draft I'd give a first rnd grade to.

Reasons not to take him:

1. He is just a slot WR, and taking a slot WR when you have pressing other needs is brain dead.

3. He chose to sit out the CFP semi (and natty if we went) by his own decision. And that's fine and dandy, but after we lost a super tight game to Georgia... he does an interview and says during the interview, IF I WOULD HAVE PLAYED WE WOULD HAVE BEATEN GEORGIA.... That's a huge red flag that he is a diva WR who is willing to let someone drowns if it means it keeps his chin above water.

4. He is hurt. How about we take a WR who is healthy at the time of the draft for once... idk, just a thought...
Devil's advocate...

1) He looks like he has the frame and size to play outside. But even still... AJ Brown was mostly a "slot" WR. It really doesn't matter. WR is a huge need.

2) He has like the greatest WR game in a bowl game of all time, and that was without Wilson and Olave.

3) You want a cocky WR and he's probably right. Seems like the exact same thing AJ Brown would say. Did he say he wouldn't have played for the Natty? I don't love it, but it makes sense for top prospects to skip out on bowl games.

4) Was* hurt? He was healthy at the draft, just didn't run the 40. Full health at the pro day.

Beyond the bowl game, has he actually done anything to warrant a Diva label? Fight with the coach on the sidelines? Shout at the QB for the ball? Throw coach/player under the bus during interviews?

In the one game full game that he played without Wilson and Olave he had 15 catches for 347 yds....

having a stud slot WR can be a QBs best friend... just ask Brady....

I do worry about his injury, but IMO he is the only WR in this draft I'd give a first rnd grade to.

My guy.. that was Utah..... anyone on this board can put up those kinda numbers against PAC conference defenses.

The titans have NEVER had a good slot WR so to compare the patriot system of slot WR usage to this Cumberland River system of slot WR usage is a massively incomparable judgement.

Mason, McCar, Wright... they had their tours of the slot on different formations... but all 3were outside WRs.

Devil's advocate...

1) He looks like he has the frame and size to play outside. But even still... AJ Brown was mostly a "slot" WR. It really doesn't matter. WR is a huge need.

2) He has like the greatest WR game in a bowl game of all time, and that was without Wilson and Olave.

3) You want a cocky WR and he's probably right. Seems like the exact same thing AJ Brown would say. Did he say he wouldn't have played for the Natty? I don't love it, but it makes sense for top prospects to skip out on bowl games.

4) Was* hurt? He was healthy at the draft, just didn't run the 40. Full health at the pro day.

Beyond the bowl game, has he actually done anything to warrant a Diva label? Fight with the coach on the sidelines? Shout at the QB for the ball? Throw coach/player under the bus during interviews?

See most recent reply.

personally think he's a diva and will have constant "hammy injuries" stopping him from playing. I'd rather not.

I could understand reaching for the only possibly elite WR in this weak class when we desperately need WR though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back