Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Pacman Jones was named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week today. Jones scored his first career touchdown when he returned Chad Stanley’s punt for a 52-yard score in the third quarter, en route to a 13-10 win over the Texans. Jones touchdown was the Titans first punt return for a score since Justin McCareins 58-yard return at Atlanta (11/23/03). “It felt good to know that I’m getting better every game and I finally got to show it,” said Jones after the game. Jones currently ranks first in the NFL with a 12.9-yard punt return average with one touchdown and fifth in the league with a 26.5-yard kickoff return average. “That’s a big thing for me to be in the top one or two in both kickoff and punt returns and hopefully I can go to Hawaii one day,” said Jones.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

goTitans.com said:
SUMMARY: Pacman Jones was named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week today. Jones scored his first career touchdown when he returned Chad Stanley’s punt for a 52-yard score in the third quarter, en route to a 13-10 win over the Texans. Jones touchdown was the Titans first punt return for a score since Justin McCareins 58-yard return at Atlanta (11/23/03). “It felt good to know that I’m getting better every game and I finally got to show it,” said Jones after the game. Jones currently ranks first in the NFL with a 12.9-yard punt return average with one touchdown and fifth in the league with a 26.5-yard kickoff return average. “That’s a big thing for me to be in the top one or two in both kickoff and punt returns and hopefully I can go to Hawaii one day,” said Jones.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
Good for him. He has worked hard(at least it seems like it) and has tons of potential.

Pacman

I must admit, I did not think the kid had it in him..

But there is a great improvement. He is working real hard at his conerbacking skills too. Just maybe he might be a shutdown corner for the Titans in years to come...

way to go kid!!! keep up the good work...

hey

that's great. If only our offense could put up a touchdown, we might win some games. Well, I'd be okay if we ended up like the Ravens of old. We've got a start with KVB and Bulluck.

Pac might have many opportunities to take back a kick off this weekend. Certainly the Hawks will score more than the Texans. One TD return on a kickoff and he could move to the top of the league in those as well.

Congrats Pac, well earned. I know this sounds crazy, but in the future I could see Pac scoring 3 td's in one game 3 different ways, defensive td, return td, and offensive td. Definitely would win an award for that.

He's definately all we wanted and much more as both a returner and cornerback and plays all 3 so well.

How he isnt a pro bowl candidate is a joke.

Gunny, don't you think it's a combination of his getting off to a slow start and the fact that our team's not doing so well this year?

His early season problems certainly held him back from any consideration. He got such a bad rap from everyone; fans, every espn commentator, sports writers, etc. I think his averages in the return game certainly warrant consideration. I have no doubt he'll in hawaii one of these days.

I think Pac said it best himself, early this year, he told everyone not to jump on the bandwagon when it turned around. It's definitely turning around....

The best thing about Pacman winning Special Teams Player of the Week is that it starts another thread about Pacman which is something that really pee's off the Colts fans...
WIN WIN!!!

MsTitan said:
I wonder who has PacMan fever now?

Well if you follow my post you will konw that ive had pacman fever even before he ever got on the feild. Now I know there are numerous others that are jumping on the bandwagon, but hey thats how it works sometimes.

bigtitan53279 said:
you should change your display name to MsPacman.

:ha:
Can't do that. Bulluck is my favorite Titan. I do like PacMan as you can tell. I really started pulling for him after the Baltimore game. I could not understand why a lot of people at the Coliseum were booing. His teammates were over it, Albert Haynesworth even asked us to "get off his back and let him be the great player he can be." Since then, it was like rooting for the underdog. During the middle of the season, I could tell he was working real hard, trying to produce on special teams and defense. In one game it was like he was the only one who cared that we weren't winning. Everybody else has the same lackluster attitude that they have had for a few seasons now. He was still playing hard. I am glad he is getting better. I am glad he is a Titan. In some ways I hope that he gets to go to a better team in the future. I believe he will be great and I don't think Titans fans (some) deserve him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back