Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
It looks like another soggy day in Clarksville.

Autograph schedule:
Morning practice: Wayne Dickens, Lamont Reid

Afternoon practice: Wayne Dickens, Lamont Reid, Reynaldo Hill, Kyle Vanden Bosch

For those who attend today, please post your thoughts.

From the Leaf-Chronicle:

Apparently, LenDale White wasn't at this morning's practice but is expected for the afternoon session. Drew Bennett didn't practice. Scaife didn't either.

Randy Starks tipped and intercepted a Young pass and Young ended up knocking him down.

The Titans roster dropped to 87 with Waddell going to the non-football injury list. Brandon Jones and Vanderbilt LB Moses Osemwegie were placed on the physically unable to perform list.

The Tennessean Report:
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060729/SPORTS01/60729002/1027

The highlight of practice came during the final set of 11-on-11 when Randy Starks tipped and intercepted Vince Young's attempt to catch a tight end cutting across the middle.
Out of habit, Young reacted by knocking down the 312-pound defensive tackle, drawing laughter from his teammates, including Starks.......he hit Young made on Starks will be a memory that players bring up for training camps in the future."That' going to be talked about for a while," Givens said "Starks definitely left his feet."

Very nice. Like this intensity.

tc101.jpg

I stopped by the afternoon practice for a little while, it was very crowded today so I didnt have a very good view.

From what I could see V.Young's passes looked alot tighter today. Nothing spectacular caught my eye from Vince while I was there, he seemed to dump off a lot of short passes.

Alot of emphasis on the running game again today. T. Henry got alot of reps again and was running hard, guess the coaches are trying to keep Brown healthy. I didnt see Lendale today either. D.Nash was running with a trainer, he appeared to have a hard time keeping up.

David Givens wasnt in pads, just saw him tossing some balls with the QBs.
R.Williams and Pac got tangled up in drills and Pac's helment came flying off.( I dont think he was to happy about it)

Defense looks alot more physical so far this year, there was quite a bit of contact going on and the players were swarming to the ball for a change. B. Troupe was catching everything thrown his way he looks to be in great shape and was lining up outside alot. He had a colition with a DB ( Fuller maybe?) and it looked like the DB ran into a wall.

I like the plan of going with 2TEs, 2WR, and single RB. If the defense stays in the base then you put the 2 WRs to the same side and flex Troupe out wide to the other side. The slot WR gets coverd by a LB or safety which is a mismatch and if Troupe can get the ball against a CB he is tough to bring down.

If the defense goes nickle then you run it down their throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back