Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So Denver just cut Casey and Twitter is going HAM on "lets bring him back". Your thoughts? Mine? Even if I was interested, the Titans incinerated that bridge.

So Denver just cut Casey and Twitter is going HAM on "lets bring him back". Your thoughts? Mine? Even if I was interested, the Titans incinerated that bridge.
I don’t see how that bridge is any more destroyed than most situations. Cant see the trade as that “ugly”.

that said, if we’re already on a tight Cap, Casey, isn’t going to be THAT cheap just by tenure. He’s coming off another injury.
I think any yearning for him to come back is wishful thinking of him playing at his best game from the past. Just not gonna happen.

J-Rob may have missed a lot last off season, but he did not miss on this one. We gained a 7th round pick and unloaded a bunch of salary, for a guy that played in 3 games for the Broncos.

Now if we could bring him back for a veteran min. deal, I would love to have him back here!

I'd like him back, I really think losing Ryan, Casey, and woodyard in the same off-season hurt worse than expected.

Don't expect it to happen however.

He could take a vet minimum incentive deal. Go get Casey cheap, Watt and sign a rookie Edge and now we have something cooking.

I don’t think the Titans burned the bridge. IIRC Casey had a published statement to the effect that “Titans treated me like trash”....

Turns out letting Casey go was a good move move by JRob as I don’t think he was the major reason the D took a step backward. I think he’d be a good addition at a minimum incentive deal. He was the titan pkayer of the community- I’d hope he’d like to come back.

He incinerated it, not the Titans. Bet he would come back if offered. I would do it on a league minimum type deal.

He incinerated it, not the Titans. Bet he would come back if offered. I would do it on a league minimum type deal.
Depends on perspective. You know the Titans and Casey had discussions, and by what Casey said, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he didn't ask for the trade. I'm sure he would of probably preferred to had been cut. So what burns the bridge first? The Titans trading him when he didn't want to be traded or Casey's tweet, after he was traded, and him being unwilling to restructure?

Most people who want him back are just Casey fans who are attached to him by history and emotion, but if you look at him objectively, he's at the end of the line. If we did bring him back it better be just for the vet minimum and no guarantee's.

Depends on perspective. You know the Titans and Casey had discussions, and by what Casey said, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he didn't ask for the trade. I'm sure he would of probably preferred to had been cut. So what burns the bridge first? The Titans trading him when he didn't want to be traded or Casey's tweet, after he was traded, and him being unwilling to restructure?
Well, people get traded in this business. I thought he got whiney about it with “treated me like trash” comment. They didn’t cut him, so I don’t see how the Titans burned it.

at any point I would be fine with signing Casey for the league minimum to allow him to retire a Titan. That is about the extent of it though.

The Titans don't owe Casey anything; he got paid for every game he played. It was strictly business. There may be some common ground now. I feel like we missed his leadership and fire in the trenches. We could do worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back