Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome. He's got to be feeling really good.

Wonder if Fish is thinking, "Crap, how much is this going to cost us?" Bet his agent will leverage for a few extra ducketts.

KVB Makes Pro Bowl

SUMMARY: Titans DE Kyle Vanden Bosch will replace Dolphins DE Jason Taylor on the AFC roster for the upcoming NFL Pro Bowl. Vanden Bosch recorded 12.5 sacks this season, placing him fourth in the league. He was drafted in the second-round draft pick in 2001 but suffered serious knee injuries his rookie season and in 2003. He’s heading toward unrestricted free agency after playing for the veteran minimum of $540,000 in 2005, but the Titans hope to negotiate a new deal before he hits the open market.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Canadian Titan said:
He got in on someone else's injury! It's still a great thing, but not as good as being recognized by the fans.
bulluck was recognized by the fans, two years in a row. nothing to show for it.

Here is the really NICE part:

Section 1. Compensation: Each player on the winning Team in the AFC‑ NFC Pro Bowl game will receive $20,000 and each player on the losing Team will receive $10,000. These amounts shall be increased to $25,000 and $12,500 respectively for the Pro Bowls following the 1997 through 1999 seasons, to $30,000 and $15,000 respectively for the Pro Bowls following the 2000 through 2002seasons, and to $35,000 and $17,500 respectively for the Pro Bowls following the 2003 through 2004 seasons.

why wouldn't he ?

it's not like he set the world on fire in Arizona
maybe he might've wanted to stay around Dave for awhile
he only had 4 sacks coming in and 3.5 came in one season (2002)
he had 0 sacks in '03 (DNP)
and ,again, ZERO sacks in 16 games in '04

so i doubt he thought "hey I'm gonna go into TN, get double-digit sacks, make it to the ProBowl and get paid "

i think it's more logical to ask "why would Reese offer him that ?"

In his case, you sign a minimum deal to showcase yourself. If we had given him a 2 year deal with a good 2nd year salary, it would have lead to 2 likely outcomes:

1) He isn't worth the money and the Titans cut him after 1 season.
2) He's locked into a second year at less money than he could have gotten as a free agent.

None of those are good for KVB. There's no incentive for him to sign such a deal.

Furthermore, the Titans signed him to a veteran minimum deal. You can't sign a veteran minimum deal unless it's a 1-year deal.

bigtitan53279 said:
great news, but now he has more leverage when asking for a new contract.

In a season like the one just endured, this is great news... leverage or not, I'm happy for him, his family or whomever he takes with him to Hawaii and the Titans for gettin a deserving player there!

Now come on back next year and let's do it again... this time we will win more games!

With the Titans in the cap situation they were in at the time, Reese had few options. KVB got an opportunity he wouldn't have on many other teams and both sides gained from it.

Now the Titans will need to pay up or watch KVB walk which I think will happen.

actually...

Canadian Titan said:
He got in on someone else's injury! It's still a great thing, but not as good as being recognized by the fans.

Actually, KVB was recognized by the fans. Did you realize that he had the 7th highest number of fan votes of any defensive player AFC or NFC?

#) Pos Name, Team Votes
=============================
1) ILB Brian Urlacher, Bears 447,145
2) CB Champ Bailey, Broncos 379,477
3) DE Dwight Freeney, Colts 374,289
4) CB Deltha O'Neal, Bengals 373,918
5) DE Michael Strahan, Giants 348,765
6) IL Rod Coleman, Falcons 307,839
7) DE Kyle Vanden Bosch, Titans 292,990
8) CB DeAngelo Hall, Falcons 287,958
9) CB Ty Law, Jets 283,449
10) IL Montae Reagor, Colts 282,891

It doesn't matter how he got in. Finally, we are getting somebody to the Pro Bowl since what was it 2001 or something. I hope we can keep KVB.

i dont know if its luck or skill that got him the 12.5 sacks. i just hope he can keep it up, 7th overall defensive isnt bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back