Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
KVB looking very good in Pro Bowl

Just saw KVB sack Michael Vick, then beat a double-team to stuff a NFC runner at the line of scrimmage on the very next play.
There was a very good case for KVB to be voted into the Pro Bowl anyway, and now he's proving it on the field.

KVB the only one with sacks ..... and he has 2 ?

WOW !!!

shoulda offered him a longer deal initially
then again, if we had, he might not have done sqwat

Man, I love watching how KVB will rush the passer and also be in on the tackle on the receiver downfield. Even if it's the probowl and just fun and games he's still going all out.

You don't make money in a pro bowl game....so what he had 2 sacks...no doubt he did good. However the pro bowl is a meaningless game and will have no affect on his contract negotiations. He was one of the few that was actually trying. The pro bowl is a popularity contest. You think KVB would beat Pace like that in a real game? Especially considering Pace is a big OL that hasn't played in Nearly 2 months in a system he isn't familar with. He could have 10 sacks or 0 in the pro bowl and it still won't affect contract negotiations. But if this was a regular season game...that would be a different story.

True but there might be a few other teams interested in KVB now. Exposure sure isn't going to hurt KVB. The fact he beat Pace is a positive for KVB no matter how you slice it. Oh, KVB has not played in a couple of months either.

Pace probably didn't think KVB would actually play hard or he wouldn't have eaten those extra crab legs an hour before the game.

Puck said:
shoulda offered him a longer deal initially

Absolutely wrong. Its easy to say that in hindsight, but no one knew he was capable of that before last season. You were looking at a guy with an injury history who had four career sacks. Remember, when we signed him, no one was even sure he'd make the final roster. If we had signed a guy like that to a long term deal, we'd have been screaming that Reese had lost his mind.

Of course now, if Reese doesnt sign the same guy to a long term deal, we'll be saying the same thing. Thats what a breakout season will do for ya.

KVB reminds me of Kearse his 1st yr with us. He was new and no one knew what to expect. His 2nd yr wasn't any where as good as his first. I see that happening with KVB. OL will be ready for him next yr

wg53 said:
You don't make money in a pro bowl game....so what he had 2 sacks...no doubt he did good. However the pro bowl is a meaningless game and will have no affect on his contract negotiations. He was one of the few that was actually trying. The pro bowl is a popularity contest. You think KVB would beat Pace like that in a real game? Especially considering Pace is a big OL that hasn't played in Nearly 2 months in a system he isn't familar with. He could have 10 sacks or 0 in the pro bowl and it still won't affect contract negotiations. But if this was a regular season game...that would be a different story.

Any publicity is good publicity. A good showing at the Pro Bowl raises his profile and therefore his status on other team's radar.

point is nigel

somebody had to see something in him to bring him in and offer anything at all. there could have been an option in there somewhere, right ?

as soon as you seen the guy blowing up lines, you might've wanted to start thinking about renogotiating his deal (or can that happen in season?)
\

what i'm saying is that Reeses could have done SOMETHING prior to his agent being able to garner offers from other clubs

Puck said:
what i'm saying is that Reeses could have done SOMETHING prior to his agent being able to garner offers from other clubs

Uh, thats what exactly what they're doing now.

And you cant just put club options into the contract without the player getting something in return. And the Titans didnt want to give any more than the vet minimum to a player who there was no guarantee would even be on the roster after training camp (and as silly as that sounds now, it was definately the case when we signed him last April).

Ewker said:
KVB reminds me of Kearse his 1st yr with us. He was new and no one knew what to expect. His 2nd yr wasn't any where as good as his first. I see that happening with KVB. OL will be ready for him next yr

I disagree. KVB is not a gimmick guy. Kearse was under sized and not as strong at the point of attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back