Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: The Titans made a big step towards improving the defense for the next few seasons when DE Kyle Vanden Bosch officially agreed to a four-year contract worth $22 million. He is scheduled to earn $14.5 million in guaranteed money, including a signing bonus of $4.75 million and guaranteed base salaries in the first three years of the deal of $2.8 million in '06, $3.7 in '07 and $4.7 in '08. KVB knows he may have made more money if he'd allowed himself to become an unrestricted free agent on March 3 but decided the Titans were the best fit for him. "I don't know what I would have gotten in free agency. It is always tempting to find out, but I am comfortable here. I am happy here," he said last night. "I am not saying I took less money here. I don't know what else is out there. But I know what a great situation this is here."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

So this boils down to a three year, $14.5 mil contract if the Titans don't keep him in '09.? That breaks down to just under $5 mil per season which I think is a steal if he remains close to healthy the next three seasons.

Yea, if he contributes anything like last year at that price we got a great value. I'm glad Reese didn't try to low ball too much either. There of course were alot of concerns about offering KVB that kind of contract but trying to offer much less could have been enough to push KVB into the FA frenzy and then he would have left IMO. The deal seems fair for both sides.

Seems like we got a steal IMO. That's not a lot of money for a guy who is relatively young, had a great season last year...

Good offseason so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back