Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good but at what price, I thought we were already set in the CB spot with Hill and Pac, but Law in one corner and Pac in the other, Thornton, Bulluck, Haynesworth, KVB, Hope, plus a MLB in the draft and we are back with a big D.

Mex#1TitanFan said:
Sounds good but at what price, I thought we were already set in the CB spot with Hill and Pac, but Law in one corner and Pac in the other, Thornton, Bulluck, Haynesworth, KVB, Hope, plus a MLB in the draft and we are back with a big D.

Two solid corners aren't enough in our division. Our division will have some standout wideouts this year and if the Texans can pick up Moulds then thats just one more elite WR that we will have to cover.

Realisticaly we need three good corners with one of them being a great shut down type. I think Pacman can be that shut down type of Cb and Hill possibly becoming a solid Andre Dyson type of corner if were lucky. Bringing in Law or another veteran Cb would be a very smart move considering we will be in the nickel for the majority of the time.

nice spin and you're right
we will be in Nickle quite often

and on the topic of "set" at CB ..... what happens when Pac or Reynaldo get injured / arrested - then what

I think it's worthy of having Law as insurance - at the least
an upside will be that he'll put pressure on the younguns and also provide MUCh needed leadership and advice

Would Reese even set up the visit unless he felt we could sign him?? It's not like a rookie who you might bring in just to not show your hand. I'm sure he know what his contract demands will be and the market value for him

------------Can we come close to affording him?-------------------
of course,..... especialy if Steve is released
if that happens, then we'll be able to bring in another FA or so

I'd say he would test the market and try and get as much as possible but realistically I think he gets a fraction of 10 mil IMO ... Otherwise, why would he visit a team that couldn't afford him in the first place. I would love to have him on the team though.

If we do bring Law in, I'm betting Sirmon and a guard are gone. Mac is the bargaining chip, or fake fall guy or whatever for the draft. I don't see us giving him up yet.

Go ahead and cut Rich Gardner while you're at it, Floyd, please.

This is great news I'm with all of you I believe we could get him and if we did we could put Manning and his buds in their place.

I think we're ok, but I definitely agree that in our division, having three solid corners is almost a necessity. With he and hope, I'd feel really solid about our secondary. It would be nice to have it as an asset, rather than a liability... if we could get him to come down a bit, and we can afford him, I'd say sign him.

TitanJeff said:
Reese said he'd be interested if Law was wanting to play for the minimum. :lol:

Law won't be in two-tone blue anytime soon.

Law would play for the minimum when he is about 80 years old, anything before then he won't be with Tennessee.

Then again he may not get any better offer.

I'd love this move, if he'll come in and play for <$10 Mil. Maybe not vet min (the guy DID have 10 picks last year...), but some kind of good deal. Not only that, but Law will start if he comes in. Otherwise, no way he signs. Maybe you move the Chosen One to nickle or something...I'm still for giving WF another shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back