Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: The Titans spent three hours with USC QB Matt Leinart yesterday going over plays with him on the chalkboard and then working with him on the practice field. "We did some different routes, some things on the move," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "We did a lot more footwork stuff, more deep balls and touch passes. I'd have to say we were very impressed with everything that took place today." Arriving for yesterday's workout were Titans wide receivers Courtney Roby, Bobby Wade, Sloan Thomas and Grant Mattos and all indications were that Leinart threw better yesterday than he did on Sunday. The Titans asked him to make more throws on the run and complete throws on some routes he didn't execute on Sunday, when he drew mixed reviews. Said Leinart's agent, Leigh Steinberg: "Matt felt he had a much better day throwing (yesterday) than Sunday."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I think the Mcnair thing from yesterday is getting a lot of attention right now.... i personally don't think ML is going to be around at #3, which leaves VY:brow: and Cutler:sad2:
Someone will trade up and snatch him up before we get a chance.

In my opinion, Leinart is still the 3rd best QB draftee. Can this guy scramble? Or is he simply a drop back passer? Can he throw the long pass?

I heard some radio schlub yesterday compare Leinhart to Joe Montana; Perhaps not the best “measurables”, but a smart guy, very adept at spreading the ball around, more mobile than given credit for and of course a proven winner on the collegiate level.

I'm not a huge college football guy. I watched the last two National Championship games, but really other than that I only watch a few minutes here and there on Saturday afternoons. What do you think of this comparison? There are obvious physical differences, I'm pretty sure Leinart's a bigger guy than Montana, but really there seem to be a lot of similarities too including the fact that both guys did everything that was asked of them on the collegiate level only to have their physical attributes questioned heading into their respective drafts.

Steve gone, Titans get Leinart (even if they have to trade up), we run the ball a lot next year.

I'm betting that's the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back