Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I've heard on the NFL network that the Jets might try and aquire the 2nd pick from New Orleans to get Matt Leinart. What are the possibilities that we move to the 2nd pick and get him? Or we content with Young or Cutler? Also, we don't have a 2nd round pick, is that correct?

In New Orleans shoes, even if they sign Brees, I would still keep #2 for someone like D'Brickashaw. They need all the help they can get. Picking up a QB like Brees AND Ferguson....WOW.

Schefter was suggesting that they trade with NYJ for the #2 (since we're the big stumbling block between them and the QB of their choice), and NO can still pick up Brick or Mario Williams with the #4...Makes for some drama, though!

huh?

Did someone say the NO would keep the #2 pick for dbrick? They can swap with the jets, get extra picks and still get dbrick. More than likely dbrick will be available with that 4 pick.

NoDak Titan said:
I've heard on the NFL network that the Jets might try and aquire the 2nd pick from New Orleans to get Matt Leinart. What are the possibilities that we move to the 2nd pick and get him? Or we content with Young or Cutler? Also, we don't have a 2nd round pick, is that correct?
We have a 2nd... but we don't have a 3rd. We gave the 3rd to Buffalo for the Henry deal.

RollTide said:
Did someone say the NO would keep the #2 pick for dbrick? They can swap with the jets, get extra picks and still get dbrick. More than likely dbrick will be available with that 4 pick.

Brick is not a certainty to get past #1 or #3.

Moving up to #2 would be expensive for a one spot move. We would be better off just staying where we are and taking Cutler or Young if Leinart is gone. In the long run one of them might be a better pro anyway.

NO lost darren howard de

i think they will target Mario Williams or maybe aj hawk,thye trade down & pick up picks to whover wants leinart ,young or cutler,actully i have seen on draft sites that say some like cutler.i personally wouldndnt mind trading
down & picking mario williams or yong or cutler,we could take aj hawk as thorton as played in middle.

We need a QB. We could trade down as far as #7 with the Raiders and still have a shot at one of the top 3 but it would be risky one will still be there.

At DE we have KVB and two 2nd round picks that are up and coming. As good as Williams looks we don't need a high draft pick at DE.
With Thorton signing we will not draft Hawk. We already have two high priced LBS that are three down LBs.

I'm not sure they need to take Brick either because they have Gandy at LT who was signed to a 6 year deal in 2003. Gandy is getting up in years however and has been in the league 13 years. Should be interesting but NO needs Hawk more than anyone now.

Much like us, the Saints main problem last year was a lack of blocking. Their starting LT is 35 years old. I would say that their first choice is pretty obvious.

Actually, after a little more thought, A.J. is definately a good choice for them looking at their two OLB's...

Still, I think that if they stay at #2, the choice has to be Brick or Bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back