Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: With the Titans holding the third pick of the 2006 NFL Draft, there is a chance that USC QB Matt Leinart and former USC offensive coordinator Norm Chow could be reunite. If it were to happen, Leinart would be happy with the reunion. "If it were to happen like that and I was reunited with Coach Chow, it would be cool," Leinart said. "It is so early to really talk about it, the scouting process is so early. But me and Coach Chow had a great relationship in college at USC. I still talk with him quite a bunch."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I think a Reunion would be great for our offense. We need a pure passer and that is what Leinart is. We need to find a way to trade up and make sure we get him.

Bizz21 said:
We need to find a way to trade up and make sure we get him.
That is the craziest notion I've ever heard.
I'm the village idiot around here...let's get that straight right off...

Dude, that is SO CRAZY...:crazy:

Sorry, I hate making bad first impressions.

We don´t need to trade up for Leinart, we can get one of the QB with the third pick, I would go for Vince, but if Vince is gone Leinart sounds like the No.2 option for us and a very good option, but I rather have Young then Leinart.

Funny, I was wondering if both of them actually want it to happen. It's kind of a strange thing. Cause lot's of times the nfl is where you make a name for yourself. I'd think many players would rather it didn't. It's like going to college with your father. You kinda want to get away and become your own person. Create your own identity. Try something new.

I wonder how Chow feels.

PhiSlammaJamma said:
Funny, I was wondering if both of them actually want it to happen. It's kind of a strange thing. Cause lot's of times the nfl is where you make a name for yourself. I'd think many players would rather it didn't. It's like going to college with your father. You kinda want to get away and become your own person. Create your own identity. Try something new.

I wonder how Chow feels.
Back_To_School.jpg

Guys, are you crazy, Vince Young is just another Mike Vick. He is never going to lead us to the promise land. We can not waste our number 3 pick on him. Matt L. would help us very very soon and if we can't get him, we need to pick a defensive player or an offensive lineman. Plain and simple.

Bizz21 said:
Guys, are you crazy, Vince Young is just another Mike Vick. He is never going to lead us to the promise land. We can not waste our number 3 pick on him. Matt L. would help us very very soon and if we can't get him, we need to pick a defensive player or an offensive lineman. Plain and simple.
That's all fine and good even if you are wrong but what is this:
Bizz21 said:
We need to find a way to trade up and make sure we get him.
That's nuts!
mixtures-nuts-deluxe-rs.jpg

Personally I dont see anything wrong with having a Vick type of player. Vick has a great arm his offense just doesnt suit his attributes nor does he have a go to reciever. A QB that cant make plays with his feet limits your options greatly and any defensive coordinator with any sense knows how to destroy a pure passer. BLITZ THE HELL OUT OF HIM. Look what happened to Manning when they faced the Steelers.

Trading up is a very very bad idea. One QB will be there for us. No need to mortgage the future when either or will be there, regardless of who anyone feels is better. Just not a good move.

Wow, you must really want Matt Leinart.

Didn't Chow say Matt is no Carson....I think that sums it up. Chow did not push hard for Mike Williams last year and won't for Matt this year either. This is Reese's show....even Fisher has to deal with that fact.

When we took McNair, I never, ever imagined him bringing us to a Super Bowl...after all the playoff misses with Warren Moon....remember the "Dare McNair" defenses he faced early on. I am glad I was wrong. Vince Young took a Texas team on his shoulders and won a I-A national championship...judging from that (as well as his many other positive attributes), my expectations for him in the NFL are greater than those I had for McNair coming out of I-AA Alcorn State.

IMO, if we were picking #1 instead of #3, I'd still pick Young.

Da Architek said:
Personally I dont see anything wrong with having a Vick type of player. Vick has a great arm his offense just doesnt suit his attributes nor does he have a go to reciever. A QB that cant make plays with his feet limits your options greatly and any defensive coordinator with any sense knows how to destroy a pure passer. BLITZ THE HELL OUT OF HIM. Look what happened to Manning when they faced the Steelers.

Agree. Besides, Young is 6'5", while Vick is 6'0". Young is a natural leader, while Vick is not. The comparisons of these two should end there...plain and simple.

We all know the comparison between Young and McNair. We also know that Young seems to have more to give them Vick and Yes, McNair led us to a Super Bowl with his style. BUT, the league is too fast now. Defenses are just way too fast. Look at the two super bowl teams, both QB's are pocket passers, they don't make mistakes, and let their defense and/or run game win the game. Therefore, we either need a pocket passer, HAWK, or D'Brick.

I don't think defenses will ever be able to stop a mobile qb. No matter how fast they are. Because frankly if he gets out he can get 10 yards. If you spy he simply throws into single coverage. It's too simple. The qb draw is just deadly too, because you have to cover the 5 wr's, there is almost no way to defend it even if you have speed.

McNair's real strength was somehow getting 10 to 15 late in a game. It was like magic. He's one of the few qb's who could engineer a 75 yard 2 minute drive and never throw the ball. He'd just run and somehow he'd get a 15 yard penalty on the D in there. It was an amazing thing to watch.

Bizz21 said:
We all know the comparison between Young and McNair. We also know that Young seems to have more to give them Vick and Yes, McNair led us to a Super Bowl with his style. BUT, the league is too fast now. Defenses are just way too fast. Look at the two super bowl teams, both QB's are pocket passers, they don't make mistakes, and let their defense and/or run game win the game. Therefore, we either need a pocket passer, HAWK, or D'Brick.
GLinks said:
Trading up is a very very bad idea. One QB will be there for us. No need to mortgage the future when either or will be there, regardless of who anyone feels is better. Just not a good move.

Wow, you must really want Matt Leinart.
With the right protection and recievers Young could torch an NFL secondary. You must be drinking drano. Defenses are too fast? That's jibber jabber. You might as well come out and say that passing skills and mobility are mutually exclusive. Next thing you know you will attempt to debunk Galieo's :suspect:"theory":suspect: that the Earth revolves around the sun. Give me a break. What? Does mobility lead to herpes simplex 2 now? Please... you are erupting like Mt. Saint BS over here...

Bizz21 said:

I hate how this post season alot of people are harping on the success of the pure passer. This season the net average rushing yards per game for the QBs that made it to the playoffs is 4 yards. But this stat doesnt tell the story. For the last time that i can remember in the last decade none of the following QBs were in the playoffs: McNair, McNabb, Culpepper, or Vick. A post season without one of these players or another mobile quarter back prolly wont happen for another decade.

The fact of the matter is when a mobile QB is in a offense that compliments his best attributes and has the correct personel around him, THEY ARE NEARLY UNSTOPABLE. DBs can play the pass too hard bc they know the QB may pull it and torch them for 20. The dbs cant play the run too hard bc they know a field stretching reciever will torch them for a touchdown. This scenario was seen with the Vikings in Moss's last year and in TO's first year with the eagles. The pure passer limits the options of the offense too much

Many teams have the DE's spy Vick instead of rushing the passer which gives them a long time to make a throw from the pocket. When they do a running play, the backside DE doesn't need to be blocked, freeing up the tackle to go after a linebacker because the DE has to watch for the qb sweep. I guess since he isn't a "pure passer", he automatically can't win lols. But remember, Matt Leinart is a pure passer even though he had a lower qb rating than Young !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back