Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I don't Know about You but I think that with proper Training and Coaching we could turn Lendale in to a Franchise back similar to Jerome Bettis in good time

i think it can be done in NO time

I've said since the Rose Bowl that I think White was the better "pro" back
he's a bruiser and most likely a 25 carry guy

while BUsh will probably only see 10 carries a game behind Duece and anywhere near 25 would shorten his career by years

I think we made out like bandits here. having Chow (who recruited White to USC) isn't gonna hurt a thing

Puck said:
i think it can be done in NO time

I've said since the Rose Bowl that I think White was the better "pro" back
he's a bruiser and most likely a 25 carry guy

while BUsh will probably only see 10 carries a game behind Duece and anywhere near 25 would shorten his career by years

I think we made out like bandits here. having Chow (who recruited White to USC) isn't gonna hurt a thing

I agree, Puck, He has a style that I haven't seen in a rookie in many moons. I think he is the most mature back as well as the most patient in the draft, he didn't complain about being overshadowed by bush, he kept on with Smash-mouth football. He lets the play unfold and then hits the hole like a freight train.

I think he can be the everydown back too. I like Bush better, but White is pretty damn good too. He's gonna be a load. 45th overall. wow. What a steal. He coulda gone in the first round. Plus we got an extra pick to boot.

Gunny said:
White is built to be an everydown back. I would still like to know his 40 time.

Watch film on him; no need for 40 times. His footwork is impecible for a guy his size (240+). He doesn't have CB's burst up the middle, but it isn't bad. He's more agressive in the open field then fast, but from what I've watched, he's clearly got good athleticism.

He's more of a banger then a slick runner. He's basically everything CB is not, which is a tall/lanky, finesse-style runner who has a lot of burst. If CB can stay healthy, White will do a great job of pairing up with him for at least a year.

I dunno about that. Bettis is a future HOF.

The styles are similar, but White is faster and not a bowling ball out there. Bettis in his prime was so difficult to tackle just because of how large he was and his style of play. White will stiff arm you over, but he isn't like Bettis in that regard.

Bettis had the best agility for a man his size that I've ever seen. This is like when Ron Dayne came out and got compared to Jerome. Let's see him prove something on the field first.

Is Chris Brown definitely gonna be our starting back coming into this year or do you feel the Titans will give White a lot of the ball

I think it'll be up for grabs to the best player out of the top 3. I'm sure they'll all grab some carries at some point with White the likely short yardage option (assuming he does get into shape).

my questions with regard to White are:

a) who teaches him?

b) who mentors him?

IMO, someone needed to teach CB, and to mentor him as well.

I think that we will have one of the three step up and shine. They all have go to feel the pressure that if they do not get better, they will not play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back