Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Anyone think there's a chance we take him? If we end up 6-8, there's a chance we could take him. Brown IMO has shown he can catch out of the backfield, over 1100 yards total O so far, and he's not yet sidelined.

White is supposed to be George reincarnated. I can see the FO taking this guy possibly. 6'1" 235 and can run over defenders. Henry gone after the offseason, and White and Brown in the backfield. White can soften them up, and work goalline. Brown for everything else.

Thoughts?

I dunno. He's not a top 10 prospect and he won't last to the second, because I think a team like Pittsburgh will grab him in the late first. On the EG comparison, isn't he bigger than George and slower?

EDIT: Also, I don't think Henry will be gone. He's shown some things here in the final games. Henry, IMO, is more a threat out of the backfield then CB.

As much as I'd like to find a way to take Reggie Bush, IMHO, I don't think a) we'll be in that position, or b) we have "need" there. That's the only RB we'd take that high, IMO.

I do believe in Reese. I think we'll have a good draft, and I think it may be more defensive in nature, especially after round 1-2. I have to believe a QB is in the works...

he depth at OL is good, as,apparently, is LB this draft (which is why I don't believe we'll take AJ Hawk, despite many thoughts to the contrary).

According to Great Blue North, White seems to be indicating he could be staying in school. While he didn't come out and say it, he did say if he comes back to USC he hopes to be the third Heisman Trophy winner in a row from the school. He won't make any official announcement about his plans until after the Rose Bowl but said he has a good idea what he's going to do. Lke GBN pointed out, if he has a good idea what he's going to do, why would he even mention anything about coming back and winning the Heisman if he's planning to go pro?

http://www.gbnreport.com/

LenDale is a long shot at winning the Heisman next year. I don't even think he's the top running back to consider, either. Especially with guys like Peterson of Oklahoma and Maurice Drew-Jones of UCLA. With that said, if USC wins the Bowl and White puts up a good performance alongside Bush - look for him to come out.

If I was LenDale White I would stay my final year (assumng Bush declares) and build myself up as much as I can by being the #1 back at USC.

I feel LeDale White is going to be an awesome pro. He is very powerful and fast - appears much faster to me than Eddie George ever was. If he stays in school people will be very surprised how well he does at USC next year with Bush most likely gone. White has the all time record at USC for touchdowns. White is much better at getting the tough yards than Bush.

But my daughter who's in the same class as White and Bush at SC tells me that White is not a great student..my bet is he comes out..

If White is pretty sure he can go in the top 15 or so (about #15 to Philly is a good possibility unless Philly goes WR) he would be stupid not to come out. Why risk injury? If it looks like he will last to the later first round range it becomes a little harder decision because with a real good year at USC he could improve his draft status next year. Still, RBs only have a limited number of years they can play and bigger power runners have an even shorter career as a rule.

I heard about the grades, too. Makes me think he could leave early. And he will do well in the Rose Bowl, I think, so that'll be in the "leave" column, too.

With the focus on Bush and then DeAngelo Williams and Laurence Maroney, I think people will sleep on White for a minute. These three are more flashy, but if the Titans want to have that ball-control factor running back, with big play-making ability, plus the bonus of having played with Chow, and with more actual time than Bush, I think White is a sneaky but very smart choice for this organization. Not really a reach when think about it. And yes, I'd say he's faster than Eddie. So our 3rd down conversion % goes up, red zone production goes up, and he's still a fresh workhorse. I'd say keep Brown or Henry, your pick.

I mean, I kind of lean to a defensive player, like Mario Williams or A.J. Hawk, and also wonder if D'Brickashaw fell to us because of something stupid Houston did, or which QB might we have a chance to take - Leinhart - or Cutler/Jacobs/Young? I dunno, White ain't a bad choice. You know all the best RBs are gone by round two.

So if we took him, we could do one of two things: 1) Cut Brown or Henry, and split carries with the remaining RB and White, and let Payton or Nash be the third down back. 2) Keep Brown and Henry and White for one year, then after the season cut Brown or Henry; Brown's contract is up and White could backup Henry and start by his 3rd season. Something like that.

Brown is going no where any time soon, at least not until his contract is up, then we'll see what we plan on doing with him. Henry will be here, too. With the holes we have, taking a RB would be stupid, unless it's Bush. Right now, the only players that would be on our board: (listed in order of value)

Bush
Young(if he comes out)
Leinhart
Ferguson
Mario Williams(if KVB is gone)
AJ Hawk

You would have to think that QB is preety high on our list, if we can't come up with Leinhart or Young, then we're looking at Best Player Available, LB, S. Since there's no LB or S worth taking as high as we'll be picking, I think we'll trade out - if possible.

EDIT: It's a shame Ahmad Brooks suffered the kind of injuries he did this season. He would've been great to nab and fulfill a need. IMO, he would've been the only LB worthy of a top 10 pick.

we need a RB that has the ability to get us the short yardage. Brown does not have that ability and Henry certainly hasn't earned his option bonus. In last years draft if one of the top 3 RBs had fallen to us at #6 we would have taken them. In the 4th rnd Reese thought he would have one fall to him, but they didn't. He knew that we couldn't count on Brown as our full time RB so he went and got Henry. I think we are going to be in the same situation heading into this off season. We are going to be looking for a guy to push Brown for the starting spot and to be a solid #2. That guy very well could come from the draft and could come in the 1st or 2nd depending on value.

I see no way we take a RB in the first or second. We have way too many needs at other positions and except for Bush I don't see a RB that will improve our team worthy of that early of a pick. L. White may only be the 4th best RB in the draft this year and he certainly wouldn't be any kind of answer at all if we don't shore up the OL.
I still say we seriously consider keeping Henry. If Henry agrees to a lower bonus to stay all the better considering his market value can't be real high right now and even at his current deal he is not expensive. For the money Henry might be a real value and could easily be as good as one of these guys we would have a shot at drafting (even in the 1st or 2nd rounds). If we did take a RB in the first two rounds we would be letting Henry go and we would have nothing to show for losing a 3rd round pick. Our best scenario is to keep Henry and evaluate Brown's contract demands after next year. Then even if we lose Brown we still have Henry through 2009. I bet if we improved our OL Brown and Henry would improve dramatically.

About Henry....If I'm the Titans, I make him the exact same offer he had this year--$1 million for next year with the $3-million-plus option the next year. A do over, in other words, since drugs and injuries made this season pretty much a waste as far as Henry earning the new contract. I really think that would be fair to both sides, and if Henry insists on getting the option bonus this year, let him walk. I still think he can play, though.

Titantonic said:
About Henry....If I'm the Titans, I make him the exact same offer he had this year--$1 million for next year with the $3-million-plus option the next year. A do over, in other words, since drugs and injuries made this season pretty much a waste as far as Henry earning the new contract. I really think that would be fair to both sides, and if Henry insists on getting the option bonus this year, let him walk. I still think he can play, though.

I like that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back