Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
IMO the DL played a significant part in the loss to the Colts and the loss last night. In both of those games we got the ball pounded down our throats and didn't get pressure on the QB.

I know against the Colts we didn't have Tart which certainly was a factor. Last night we were as healthy as we have been on the DL going against a team who was ranked bottom 5 in rushing the ball.

I think we are seeing the loss of Jim Schwartz in the regression of the DL. Do you all have other explanations?

What bothers me about the DL is when they rush, there seems to be no mind to control the way they attack the OL. I saw Simmons and Autry running into each other way too many times last night. It's like mindlessly running up field. There were a few plays where the LB's and Edmunds at Safety were running to gaps at the line that the RB was not in. Our LB play outside Al-Shair is awful. They barely blitzed last night because of them getting gashed on the ground and in the air. The defense as a whole is just awful.

Tackling in general has been an issue. If they tackle, this OL and the run D would look improved.

against Pitt, I also saw Landry a couple times pulling the Dupree move where he gets so far upfield that he’s behind the entire play and irrelevant.

Too busy trying to make DL coach Terrell Williams our preseason HC.

Some things just can't be explained. We get Landry back and sign Key, yet the pressure we're getting from our front 7 has been subpar to say the least.

I miss the old school days of having 4 down linemen and 3 LB's.

Disappointed in our effort to get to QB, as I thought that was going to be our bread and butter this season.

I'm more concerned about getting gashed for stretches. One game I thought Tart being out was the reason but he was in last night and the Steelers had nearly 170 yards rushing.

The LBs are an issue as well. I hope one of the areas upgraded in the offseason is ILB.

It has to be coaching...the players can't be that piss poor can they?

Maybe Vrabel has lost this team? If the comments about some not playing with heart is true that can detail very quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back