Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
It sounds like the hip drop tackle could be banned as soon as next year:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/14/r...is-ready-to-ban-controversial-hip-drop-tackle

They are also looking at major changes to kickoffs though changes there are likely further down the road.

Troy Vincent: Kickoff has become a "dead, ceremonial play"

They are looking to make special teams more important, making good special teams players more important. Which would anger most Titans fans as most of us really hate guys who are good on special teams.

DIakG4-VAAAdUPa.jpg

Its all boiling down to money. Nfl doesnt want to show live games without the best players on the field and owners arent wanting to pay millions for a player to miss half a season or more.
Player safety my ass. Only reason they're interested in player safety is to prevent any lawsuit further down the line.

Its all boiling down to money. Nfl doesnt want to show live games without the best players on the field and owners arent wanting to pay millions for a player to miss half a season or more.
Player safety my ass. Only reason they're interested in player safety is to prevent any lawsuit further down the line.
Getting rid of KO is a weird way to solve the league wide QB injury issue.

what’s worse, is that all these other QBs playing has been good for parity, fans get over missing a player as for potential of new stars shows up or, fans miss a QB and still watch patiently for return.

i don’t see a lot of stars people are watching for going down on KO.

The fantasy football crowd also get cranky when "skilled" players are injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back