Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Multiple sideline reporters react to Charissa Thompson's admission of faked sideline reports

Apparently a bunch of football reporters are upset that a sideline reporter admitted she just makes up reports when a head coach won't talk to her.

They claimed the coaches/teams trust them and it takes a lot to gain that trust etc. No, I'm sure just about every coach/team hates talking to the media and if they weren't forced to, they'd never say a word to them.

Basically she just says the same coach speaks that they will see anyway. "We have to be better on third down" "We can't turn the ball over" etc etc...

I don't really see the harm in it. They all say the same cliche BS anyway... She just repeated what she's probably heard 100 times.

I always laugh when I hear SPORTS reporters refer to themselves as 'journalists.' No, you're not, get over yourselves. Even the radio people I follow on a regular basis, just stop.

I remember going to SI.com back in the day, and the LEAD story on the page was, no joke; NO NEWS TO REPORT ON BRETT FAVRE RETIREMENT SAGA. They were literally 'reporting' that there was NOTHING to report. And that's considered 'journalism?' No thanks.

Multiple sideline reporters react to Charissa Thompson's admission of faked sideline reports

Apparently a bunch of football reporters are upset that a sideline reporter admitted she just makes up reports when a head coach won't talk to her.

They claimed the coaches/teams trust them and it takes a lot to gain that trust etc. No, I'm sure just about every coach/team hates talking to the media and if they weren't forced to, they'd never say a word to them.

Basically she just says the same coach speaks that they will see anyway. "We have to be better on third down" "We can't turn the ball over" etc etc...

I don't really see the harm in it. They all say the same cliche BS anyway... She just repeated what she's probably heard 100 times.
its only sports so not a biggie but the lack of integrity is telling

its only sports so not a biggie but the lack of integrity is telling
Well we have always known that they just spew what ever and hope it's true. There's no accountability...so why not. Like the woman said, she knew she wouldn't get fired and she knew the coaches wouldn't call her out.

Have you ever heard anything even halfway compelling during one of these 30 second halftime interviews? It's always the same BS. "We need to do better". Well duh, Bob...you're losing by 27 points.

The only sideline report I’ve come to trust for anything is when a player’s status is moved to “Out”.
I believe they’re about 100% that the specific player does not return to the game.

outside of that, as mentioned, sideline reporters are just as awful as the entirety of what is called “journalism” today.

there is hope, maybe some of the journalists that no MSM will cover because of their actual journalistic efforts in reporting complete stories with truth, can start spending their time on sports.

They tell us things that we already know. Sideline reporters are worthless unless you want to hear them say "HC A said they need to play better in the second half if they want to win".

I don’t give 2c about sideline reporters.

But I’ve come to appreciate we have the best broadcast team in the league with Mike Keith and Dave McGinnis. McGinnis consistently has 2-3 “one-liners” that are hilarious. He is a-political and calls it like he sees it.

They're just there to appease the female viewers....worthless updates

Love this one as player limps off...

"I spoke to Coach A about Player A's injury and he says it's a lower body injury, back to you Jim"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back