Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Speculation is underway that the Titans may be looking to trade backup QB Billy Volek. One such team who may be intereted is the Detroit Lions who has a very unsettled QB situation with Jeff Garcia an unrestricted free agent and not expected to return and Joey Harrington, who is due a $4 million roster bonus on June 15 (and a 2006 salary of $4.45 million), an unsettled situation. Lions president Matt Millen has said the decision to keep or release Harrington will be left to the new coach. The Jets, Dolphins and Cardinals are also said to be interested in Volek.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Interesting article. I believe the Lions draft 9th. If that holds true for the 3rd round (Pick #73?), that's a pretty good pick to trade for.

I shouldn't be surprised by this, but this quote from the article says alot about the Lions franchise... "the highest career rating for a Lions quarterback (with a minimum of 500 passes) is just 79.2 (Scott Mitchell, 1994-98)."

Even if we only got a 4th rounder it wouldn't be too bad. If the Lions want to give us their 3rd I'm sure Reese would take it in a second. Volek would have to be happy to get a shot as a starter as well.

I think this is great news. We have not heard much about Billy since he played in those final games. I was a bit skeptical that we ruined his value somewhat. Hopefully not.

Agreed, 4th wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm thinking, though, that a 3rd round pick is a fair trade for a guy who is in the mix for starting QB. A lot of Titans fans are down on Volek right now, but this time of year has a certain way of making also rans into saviors.
Billy's numbers from the 2004 season hopefully carry enough to create a sufficient buzz for some teams.

Starkiller said:
C'mon, this is Matt Millen we're talking about. We could probably get their 1st rounder... :winker:
I was thinking the same thing, only a first in next year's draft along with this year's...:ha:

If they wanted to do this for a 2007 pick, they might do a thing where if Volek passes for a certain number of yards the Titans get a higher round next year or an additional pick on top of what they get this year.

I like that idea, but given how strong this draft is getting a 4th is really going to mean 3rd rnd talent or a 3rd will have 2nd rnd skills. The only way I would push it out is if the Lions said they would guarantee a 3rd that could escalate to a 2nd. That NFC north is going to be something next yr with 3 new coaches. I would certainly think that the Lions will still be picking high next yr with new coach and maybe new QB, but they certainly have a bunch of talent on that team.

Starkiller said:
C'mon, this is Matt Millen we're talking about. We could probably get their 1st rounder... :winker:
seriously though we probably would get more from a gm like him rather than someone who knows what they are doing and isn't quite as desperate

Yeah Give Us Our 3rd Back That Would Be Great. Anything Better I would Be Really happy. maybe if we get a 2nd Marouny would be there

bob45x32 said:
Yeah Give Us Our 3rd Back That Would Be Great. Anything Better I would Be Really happy. maybe if we get a 2nd Marouny would be there

That's doubtful. He has a first round projection, but you never know. He could slip. That would be a steal.

TitanJeff said:
If they wanted to do this for a 2007 pick, they might do a thing where if Volek passes for a certain number of yards the Titans get a higher round next year or an additional pick on top of what they get this year.

lets just hope that wouldn't work in reverse :suspect:

What about Billy for Charles Rogers and a late pick. Didn't Floyd mention getting a WR that would fit our scheme. Maybe Rogers is that guy. Who knows? Just throwing some scenarios out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back