Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: It appears DT Rien Long's injury will place him on the sidelines for a significant amount of time and may cost him the entire season. "It does not look good," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "He has damage to the Achilles' (tendon). We're going to do an MRI and see how significant it is. It looks like we're going to lose him for some time. I can't tell you yet. … If it's damage to the Achilles', in all likelihood he'll probably be out for the year, if it requires surgery and repair. That just gives someone else a chance." Long played in all but one game over the past two seasons, recording 8.5 sacks, 33 quarterback pressures and 97 tackles.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

... and all else being equal it's generally easier to pick up a free agent defensive tackle than other positions if needed. We probably won't need to go that route though. The pressure has certainly moved onto Starks and Clauss now though. Mahelona probably knows he's going to get playing time now as long as he beats out the others in camp.

Is Kevin Carter signed somewhere still? Be nice if he was available for DT duty.

Both are available. But honestly, I'd rather just go with young guys if they can find enough decent ones. Maybe we'll find that one of our young guys in camp can contribute for the next few years...

If Haynesworth stays healthy, Washburn want him in the rotation 75% of the time. Hopefully, Starks is ready to make a big step and he makes the most of the attention Haynesworth gets and can build his reps as well. If this is the case, the backups are going to get 25-35% of the reps which I'd think should be handled with guys currently on the roster unless Reese finds an upgrade on the waiver wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back