Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

even Peter King seems to think so., - "the Jets still hope to get a quarterback with the fourth pick of the draft (they've got Jay Cutler written all over them, if he makes it to four, or if they can move up to two with John Abraham as bait)"

and other mocks are starting to project Cutler to #4

good job Jay, Congratulations
(there's still no guarantee that he's there @ #4 :brow:)

I don't see it.. well I see it, but considering they restructured Pennington, isn't it a little early to draft another QB in the first round? It's not like they can really pawn Pennington off anywhere after the draft.

I don't think the Jets need Cutler, I thought Chad Pennington played well for the Jets before the injury, I mean look at his red zone efficiancy, no red zone interceptions. They do not need another QB from the 1st round, they should draft Ferguson, or A.J

Puck said:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

even Peter King seems to think so., - "the Jets still hope to get a quarterback with the fourth pick of the draft (they've got Jay Cutler written all over them, if he makes it to four, or if they can move up to two with John Abraham as bait)"

and other mocks are starting to project Cutler to #4

good job Jay, Congratulations
(there's still no guarantee that he's there @ #4 :brow:)

I'd rather them move up to #3 with Abraham bait. We'd still get our man.

Vigsted said:
I don't see it.. well I see it, but considering they restructured Pennington, isn't it a little early to draft another QB in the first round? It's not like they can really pawn Pennington off anywhere after the draft.

the Pennington experiment is over
my guess is that they restructured him to ease his cap hit
-not to prolong his career with the Jets

I don't really see Jay going #4 overall either
but I d see him Top 10 now - with Oakland being the last resort
they released Collins ... they need a QB with an arm

It's looking more and more that cutler will be a titan...

With cutler's exellent workouts and issues about young's wonderlic scores it is looking more like that is what we will do. Cutler had the same 40 time as omar jacobs and had the strongest arm in the whole combine.

Cutler also put up a lineman like number of reps with the 225 lbs and it's hard not to see him as young brett favre. If he was the 10th rated player in this draft before the combine it's not hard to see him 3rd now.

RollTide said:
With cutler's exellent workouts and issues about young's wonderlic scores it is looking more like that is what we will do. Cutler had the same 40 time as omar jacobs and had the strongest arm in the whole combine.

Cutler also put up a lineman like number of reps with the 225 lbs and it's hard not to see him as young brett favre. If he was the 10th rated player in this draft before the combine it's not hard to see him 3rd now.

Tide, I completey agree (except I think Cutler had the second strongest arm if you measure it by ball speed...) :winker:

Its kind of ironic- with all the debates we've had recently, i think we actually come down about the same when we evaluate who we like, where. :smile:

RollTide said:

I thought Ingle Martin threw faster than him...

Ingle Martin really doesn't count but he could be an interesting guy to bring in as an UDFA. He is a pretty good punter and could be a 3rd QB possibility.

If they pick Cutler, I wouldn't fault them, although I think it's a bit of a reach. You have to draft what you need, and the Jet's need a qb desperately if Pennington really is damaged goods. The Division itself is kind of weak and one good player could make the difference.

Ingle went to my highschool (MBA). He started 4 varisty sports all through highschool. I saw him kick a 55 yarder in highschool. I haven't heard much of him in college, what round is he projected in?

After a short stint starting for the Gators (in which he did pretty decent actually btw), he transferred to DIAA Furman where he went on to have a pretty good career. I'm not sure where he's projected, but I would guess he might get a spot in the 6th-undrafted area. At the very least, he is a great athlete who could probably step right in and be a good boost on special teams.

My mistake...

I suggested that cutler will probably be a titan. I spoke too soon. While cutler's great combine performance combined with questions about young have pulled the two closer it still proably doesn't mean cutler is worth the 3rd pick and probably neither is young.

Look there are simply too many fantastic prospects for us to reach for a guy just because he is a QB. Mario williams, dbrick and hawk and while cutler impressed in the combine so did those guys.

Imagine for example KVB moving to right end with the 6'7 295 lb williams at left end? Williams a kevin carter type end had 35 reps @ 225 lbs. He also pulled a 4.66 40! Awesome! Hawk ran a 4.57 at the combine with 24 reps. He weighs 240 lbs.

Let's be honest, totally honest. The 5 best players in this draft are bush, lienart, williams, dbrick and hawk. Only after those guys do we start considering cutler and young. I am becoming more convinced of that.

brick overated

i heard on radio that def coordinators in acc tha he wasnt even selected best ol in league,winston from miami was we could maybe pick him up in 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back