Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Are the Titans even concidering Mario with their #3 pick? There are other QBs out there other than the big 3.
Brodie Croyle, Alabama
Kellen Clemens, Oregon
Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson
Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green
Is it possible that the Titans do a complete turn around like they did in 2005 and go after Mario instead of their 'smokescreen', then take one of these other QBs later in the draft?
There are questions about the Big 3;
Leinart, injuries? knees?
Young, throwing motion?
Cutler, small school? not tested?
I haven't heard any questions about what Mario can do on the field. He's being compared to the best there ever was. Just doing some pre-draft thinking.:deadhorse

Great idea...

But only if we can find a way to keep steve for 2 more years.

It also might mean trading la-boy for a draft pick.

Mario tested better at the combine than julius peppers. He ran a faster 40, jumped higher and had more reps. He also weighs about 10 lbs more. He is a monster no question and with KVB, haynesworth and starks our front 4 will be top notch and with the upgrade at linebacker and safety we can be really good on defense.

IMO, I think Mario will be taken by the Texans, if he isn't, he will be taken by NO, even with their strong DE's.

I don't think their will be another oppurtunity like this again for a long time, where their are 3 big name QB's to choose from that can lead their franchise for the next 10 years to glory.

Mario and Jacobs looks nice, but it won't happen, we will take Young, and everyone except RollTide, ewker and fitantitans will be happy!!!

The more and more I think about it, there is just no way that NO would take a DE with all of their current holes. Hawk or Ferguson would be a better pick for them imo.

I hear all this talk about Young's upside... IMO.. young has already reached his potential and there isn't going to be much room for him to get better... Leinart would definintely be the best QB of the 3... hands down

LazyManJackson said:
IMO, I think Mario will be taken by the Texans, if he isn't, he will be taken by NO, even with their strong DE's.

I don't think their will be another oppurtunity like this again for a long time, where their are 3 big name QB's to choose from that can lead their franchise for the next 10 years to glory.

Mario and Jacobs looks nice, but it won't happen, we will take Young, and everyone except RollTide and fitantitans will be happy!!!
u forgot ewker

fitantitans said:
Are the Titans even concidering Mario with their #3 pick? There are other QBs out there other than the big 3.
Brodie Croyle, Alabama
Kellen Clemens, Oregon
Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson
Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green
Is it possible that the Titans do a complete turn around like they did in 2005 and go after Mario instead of their 'smokescreen', then take one of these other QBs later in the draft?
There are questions about the Big 3;
Leinart, injuries? knees?
Young, throwing motion?
Cutler, small school? not tested?
I haven't heard any questions about what Mario can do on the field. He's being compared to the best there ever was. Just doing some pre-draft thinking.:deadhorse
Cutler went to an SEC school. Cutler put up some good numbers considering the amount of talent he was surrounded with(or rather, lack of talent).

Just say no to Brody-he has injury questions, more than any of the other top 10 QBs combined.
Whitehurst-Strong arm, nice stats in College, a lot of potential, could succedd in the right system and coaching
Omar Jacobs-extremely QB friendly system in Bowling Green. However, he threw for 40 TDs and 4 INTs his junior year. That some nice numbers in any system. Omar Jacobs is by far my favorite QB of the second tier QBs

fitantitans said:
people question his motor and desire. i would take someone with a questionable throwing motion over someone with a small motor and little desire.

dontdraftCutler said:
I like the idea of getting mario and Omar Jacobs....
I've heard a few things about Jacobs, he sounds like a stable guy to have. I hate to pass on a guy like Mario and I'm willing to by-pass the Big 3 to get him.
I'm still trying to figure out who the Titans are planning to pick. Their history shows that they have no plans on taking the guy that they say they are. Why they need to smokescreen with a #3 pick is beyond me. Unless they plan to trade the pick, take a late QB and a 3rd round pick. I think that if Lienart is gone by the #3 pick, the Titans will trade down.

maximus said:
Cutler went to an SEC school. Cutler put up some good numbers considering the amount of talent he was surrounded with(or rather, lack of talent).

Just say no to Brody-he has injury questions, more than any of the other top 10 QBs combined.
Whitehurst-Strong arm, nice stats in College, a lot of potential, could succedd in the right system and coaching
Omar Jacobs-extremely QB friendly system in Bowling Green. However, he threw for 40 TDs and 4 INTs his junior year. That some nice numbers in any system. Omar Jacobs is by far my favorite QB of the second tier QBs

That season was his Sophomore season and his first as a starter. He's a redshirt Junior right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back