Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Titans QB Steve McNair's relationship with Texas QB Vince Young is well documented. McNair's Alcorn State roommate and close friend, Ivory Young, talked up his nephew to McNair, who invited Young the younger to attend his camp. McNair took on the task of being a role model for Young ever since. "I'd hate to be playing against him in 2008 when he gets a feel for the NFL game," McNair says. "He's the next generation at quarterback." McNair also says he's spoken with the Titans about mentoring Young if he was to be drafted with the third pick of the 2006 draft. "One of the options I gave the Titans in my contract talks was I wouldn't mind bringing Vince in and tutoring him for a couple of years and letting him take over for me after that. I think I've got a couple more years in me. If I could mentor a protégé of mine until then, that would be the thing to do," McNair says.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I thought by Mcnair's comments, that he is staying here to mentor Young, show him the ropes that kind of stuff, maybe ride along with Vince Young

I could see him signing a different deal after the cba is worked out. Maybe he gets two more years. who knows? It might take a while for young to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back