Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Though Bus Cook reported his client Steve McNair may be traded to the Baltimore Ravens within the next 24 hours, the Titans front office disagrees. Titans General Manager Floyd Reese said late today that discussions for a trade did occur but the Ravens' offer was insufficient which kills any chance for a deal to be made. Asked about McNair being released within hours, the Titans general manager had a short answer. "That's not going to happen, no," Reese said. But Reese plans to sit down with Cook to try and work out something now with the draft completed. "Now I think it'll be everybody's duty to sit down and see if we can get something done. I don't know if we can," Reese said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

What do I think about this article?

I think Bus Cook is a total Moron. He must think that spewing crud is helping McNair's case.

wow so this means mcnair has a what 70% chance he will be back with us haha thats awesome... if i saw bus cook i would punch him in the mouth

What I love about all of this is how the local tv media is jumping on all of this like McNair has been traded. Channels 2, 4, 5, and 6 are just hilarious.

it's possible that Reese allowed this to reach a certian point to "feel the market" to see if anyone else wants to come up for Steve

BUT, that could also backfire if he just releases him all out - as to where he would get nothing for him

I'd be iterested in knowing exactly what Baltimore's offer actually was

It sounds like McNair and the Ravens are very close contract wise...but the Titans and Ravens are not close at all as far as compensation. The Ravens know all they really have to do is wait. If McNair wants out, all he has to do is refuse to renegotiate. Reese won't keep him with a $24 million cap hit, in my opinion, the the Ravens can get him without giving anything up. I hope Reese can pull it off.

Don't we take a big old cap hit if we just release McNair now? And I agree- Cook may be representing Mac, but he is an ***... he has insulted all of us by his cheap shots and lack of candor. Even though the Titans have mishandled the situation Bus has done more than his fair share in this Bucket-O-Crap. Though I am glad we chose Vince Young, I would have loved the conflict of interest it would have created for Bus if we had selected Jay Cutler. That would have been a Bucket-O-Crap-Ala-Grande.

The Ravens want McNair to begin learning the playbook before training camp. Reese doesn't need rookie money until mid-July. If the Ravens want him before then, it will cost them something.

Also, maybe another team or two may show some interest this summer.

Puck said:
it's possible that Reese allowed this to reach a certian point to "feel the market" to see if anyone else wants to come up for Steve

BUT, that could also backfire if he just releases him all out - as to where he would get nothing for him

I'd be iterested in knowing exactly what Baltimore's offer actually was

I agree. I think Reese is letting the Ravens tell us what it will cost us (in the form of our renegotiation offer) to keep McNair.

As I said in another thread....Bus must be buzzing on something good if he feels, as he quoted, that he is hoping to get Baltimore to basically double the money that the Titans had on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back