Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
WTVF-Channel 5's Hope Hines will host a media panel, which will air after the 10:00 news tonight, approximately 10:20 PM CST. "I want to talk about what's wrong with the Titans and what needs to be done to get them out of this situation," said Hines.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060113/SPORTS11/601130406/1043

The panel includes The Tennessean's Jim Wyatt and Paul Kuharsky, The Daily News Journal's David Boclair, The City Paper's Terry McCormick, WGFX-FM 104.5 Sports Zone's George Plaster along with WTVF's Mark Howard, Eric Yutzy and Neil O'Donnell.

Hines said the segment will run for about 20 minutes Sunday night, but he will keep the cameras rolling as the discussion will continue for another 15-20 minutes. The entire footage will be shown Monday night on SportsLine (8-9 p.m.) on NewsChannel 5-Plus.

I'm sure Howard will report on the unaired footage Monday morning on his radio show with Wycheck, who was ticked off Friday that neither he, nor any other Titans' employees were included in the panel. Guess what, Frank. There's a reason why Titans' employees weren't invited to participate. Hines wants to give the panel the appearance of objectivity and credibility.

A.D. said:
WTVF-Channel 5's Hope Hines will host a media panel, which will air after the 10:00 news tonight, approximately 10:20 PM CST. "I want to talk about what's wrong with the Titans and what needs to be done to get them out of this situation," said Hines.
It should be entertaining though I doubt we hear anything we haven't already.

A.D. said:
. . . I'm sure Howard will report on the unaired footage Monday morning on his radio show with Wycheck, who was ticked off Friday that neither he, nor any other Titans' employees were included in the panel. Guess what, Frank. There's a reason why Titans' employees weren't invited to participate. Hines wants to give the panel the appearance of objectivity and credibility.
Maybe I misunderstood him, but I thought Wycheck was saying it would be a good idea if the Titans SIDE were represented -- not a Titans employee. Either way, I don't think we'll hear anything that we haven't already heard/read from the group in their various media.

All I know is we only hear from Fisher and Reese are general statements like we need to run the ball better and stop the run better. They don't say specifically why we can't do those things ie. what players are not cutting it.
Wycheck is also guilty of not specifically naming names because of his relationship with the Titans and players. I would like to hear objective information on specific players like Hartwig and the rest of the OL. If a guy is not pulling his weight say so. If we need an upgrade at a specific postion it should be discussed without having to be politically correct. Should be an interesting conversation however I doubt in 20 minutes they will be able to cover all the ramifications of the draft and contracts.

When they advertise this as 9 of the best sports minds in Nashville [or however they say it] and they start running names like Mark Howard and George Plaster across the screen you already know what its going to be like.

I'm just mad there are no chicks on the panel. Where is Jessica Hopp, Sarah Walsh, Amy F. (from Fox sports)?

I will say that Jim Wyatt and Dave Boclair are the most knowledgeable. George Plaster's voice makes what he says sound more knowledgeable.

You know I saw his picture in the paper and just assumed it was bad lighting or something, but when I see him on TV...wow. Just can't help but think of the Waterboy's Daddy....

In other words, a discussion on all those things that will not appear in the 2005 Tennessee Titans yearbook video. lol. We go undefeated in that video every year.

Laserjock said:
When they advertise this as 9 of the best sports minds in Nashville [or however they say it] and they start running names like Mark Howard and George Plaster across the screen you already know what its going to be like.
Thank god I'm not the only one who can't stand Mark Howard. Although I did feel bad for him on sportsline one night when a caller had the nerve to call in just to ask him if he gained some weight and told him he looked a little chubby. That was classless.

Sunshine said:
Maybe I misunderstood him, but I thought Wycheck was saying it would be a good idea if the Titans SIDE were represented

That might be right, but still... Fisher and Reese each have their own weekly TV and radio shows, and both are accessible for the quotes and soundbytes we get in the news all the time. We've heard the Titans' side of the story the entire season.

bigtitan53279 said:
what did they say?

About what was expected. First, Hines asked if the media gave Fisher too much of a free pass this season. The unanimous response was to pat themselves and each other on the back and say they did a good job.

When asked about Pacman, the general consensus was that time would tell. None of the media members knew what Fisher's "zero tolerance" policy would be.

No names were mentioned for positions that needed to be upgraded, only position groups (Safety, LB, WR).

Finally, Hines asked each panel member to give Fisher and Reese a grade for the season. I think Fisher got straight "D"s and Reese averaged about a "C" or "C-".

I won't get a chance to watch the rest of it tonight. Can someone who sees it give a report on it tonight or tomorrow?

A.D. said:
About what was expected. First, Hines asked if the media gave Fisher too much of a free pass this season. The unanimous response was to pat themselves and each other on the back and say they did a good job.
Bunk. Climer is about the only guy who questions Fisher.

When asked about Pacman, the general consensus was that time would tell. None of the media members knew what Fisher's "zero tolerance" policy would be.
And none of them thought to ask him?

No names were mentioned for positions that needed to be upgraded, only position groups (Safety, LB, WR).
There's a shocker. ;)

Finally, Hines asked each panel member to give Fisher and Reese a grade for the season. I think Fisher got straight "D"s and Reese averaged about a "C" or "C-".
I can agree here.

I missed it but it doesn't sound like a lot of substance was shared. Of the straight talk I've heard from the media, the bulk of it has come from O'Donnell.

If you missed it... you really didnt. Absolute waste of time. I cant believe I wasted half an hour and interupted my tape delayed viewing of 24 for that crap.

Starkiller said:
Why do we need to listen to all the hairdo's? We have there same discussions constantly on the internet...
True. But you would hope guys who are there at each practice and in the locker rooms would have some unique insight or perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back