Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
OK...I need some help finding a pimp men's suit. Jon and I are getting married in May and we had tossed around the idea of having a scottish wedding (Jon is scottish) and having the guys wear kilts, but we are having trouble with kilt rentals. So...we're on to plan B.

Where do I need to look for "not the norm" suits. I'm thinking maybe pin stripe...but a very rock and roll look. Here is the link to my dress:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2027&prodgroup=10

I bought the red sash with the dress. The wedding colors are chocolate brown and red. Here is the possible bridesmaid dress:

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod70743631&catId=cat85126

With these shoes:

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod72517631&catId=cat85144

I need some links to places that have really cool (and not the norm) looking suits.

Thanks!
Krista

PS - any suggestions will help...I'm at a total loss here. I have NO idea where to shop for men's suits.

Did you ask him what he wanted to wear (or at least some input; it's always the woman who get's the final say :ha:)?

What kinda colors you thinkin' for the man? Shirt? Shoes?

Hehehe. Yes. If I said "I", I meant "we". He really wanted to wear a kilt, but we realized that it's just not going to work out. So this was his 2nd choice. We just don't know where to look.

KamikaZ said:
What kinda colors you thinkin' for the man? Shirt? Shoes?

Black suits for the men. Maybe a red tie for Jon and everyone else black ties??? He likes the idea of black and white wing tip shoes.

Are you kinda getting the idea of the vibe we want?

while everything looks mighty sexy, i have some words

it doesn't look like your bridesmaids dresses (in beet) will match the red

and those shoes are sexy, but not with that dress. just grab you a simple pair of white pumps. the only way those shoes would work is with browns

2cents

I agree with Puck about the shoes. They're fine on there own, but not with that dress IMO. Like he said, get the nicest white pumps you can get and you'll be straight.

I'll look for a link on the suits you might like if I remember to.

Puck said:
while everything looks mighty sexy, i have some words

it doesn't look like your bridesmaids dresses (in beet) will match the red

and those shoes are sexy, but not with that dress. just grab you a simple pair of white pumps. the only way those shoes would work is with browns

2cents

Well...I looked at the dress in beet, but it's too much of a pinkish red and kind of clashes with my sash. So I thought I could bring in the red from my dress with a bouquet of red roses for the bridesmaids...or even with a different pair of shoes...maybe some chocolate brown shoes trimmed in red. I would love to find leopard print heels trimmed in red. I really want mine and Jon's personality to show in our wedding, and I think leopard print heels is one way that really express our personalities. ;) I like the suggestion of the girls wearing red. I'll keep looking at dresses and see if I find some hot red ones.

KamikaZ said:
I agree with Puck about the shoes. They're fine on there own, but not with that dress IMO. Like he said, get the nicest white pumps you can get and you'll be straight.

I'll look for a link on the suits you might like if I remember to.

I'd be willing to change the dress if I could keep the shoes. I really like them!! :cry:

Again...ANY help with the suits would be greatly appreciated!

We are going to have bagpipes play at the end of the ceremony. I really wish we could have worked something out with the kilt rentals. That would have been really cool.

Here ya go...
itv3.xml
:lol:

FormerMrs27 said:
I'd be willing to change the dress if I could keep the shoes. I really like them!! :cry:

Again...ANY help with the suits would be greatly appreciated!

keep the shoes and change the sash to leopard / ocelot / cheetah?

btw....ar you really even going to be able to see those shoes under that dress ?

I like the dress. I don't like the shoes as they will clash.

I also like the dress in the Gun's N Roses video november rain. Go for that one if you ambitious.

in reality, if she likes the shoes ,all she need to do is get a similar styled sash

but it still doesn't feel right with a white gown like that

it would go nicely with Black though

Sorry...I'm lagging on response time on this one. I think everyone misunderstood. The leopard print shoes are for the bridesmaids. Hell, I'm wearing flip flops. You can't see my shoes! :))

Elfin...Jon is cool with mine and Keith's relationship. It's no biggy. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back