Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigtitan53279 said:
it only took the texans 4 years to get him back to his natural position.

Actually during our last coaches saner moments they moved him back to LG last year and put our rookie at center, but then the rook got hurt. The rook did a decent job.

So if you think this is a good move, which you must if it bothers you so much, I guess this means our chances of beating you just went up.

Thank you for your faith in my team. I think yours has been having a good off season too.

honestly, i dont know much about flanagan, so i dont know if its a good signing or not.

all i know is that your team has had a bad offensive line since their existance, and they are just now putting their best guy in his natural position. and we wonder why the texans have never had a season above .500.

The Texans are making some nice improvements. The Titans are certainly on the rise as well. Jacksonville is primed to make a run. I think we're only a couple of seasons away from seeing the Colts in the cellar of the division. I used to think we were better than the cap and that we could skirt it forever, but it came and got us and it is already catching up with the Colts.

I was going to say, Reggie Bush will probably put a few of those points up. Overalls, as a fan, how many more OL positions would you turn over if you could?

I think the Flanagan signing just may have increased Favre's chances of retiring, though.

Your best move is to trade down and get D'Brickashaw, ya know.

Our O-line is shaping up. IF everybody else played up to their potential and If I could up grade just one spot it would be Right Guard. The left side is looking solid. Chester Pitts at LT is alright, not great. McKinney back at LG is an upgrade. Flanagan at center is an upgrade at Center. That leaves Weigert and Wade on the right side. I would rather up grade Wade than Weigert. However, if in the new system, Wade plays like he did in Miami we could have a pretty good line.

The main thing we need is for the line to be good enough and for the system to be good enough for Carr to get over being shell shocked.

As far as the draft goes I would really rather get Mario Williams, but with Drew going to New Orleans and the Saints openly shoping the #2 pick because they took care of their QB needs I don't know if we can count on trading down and getting Williams. As much as Marios stock is rising I still don't think we get him at #1.

i don't know if this is just me or not...but i was listening on sirius radio to the nfl channel and they mentioned that joey harrington has almost the same stats as david carr since both of them got drafted back in '02. If he puts up medicore numbers again with the new staff this year, overalls you would have to be highly dissapointed in him...

Harrington career-10242 yards 60 TD's 62 INT's 68.1 passer rating
Carr career- 10642 yards 48 TD's 53 INT's 73.7 passer rating

I'm disapointed in him now, but remember he started with an expantion team and Joey Harington had 3, 1st round pick WRs and an established O-line.

Gunny said:
^ Doesnt the Detroit O-Line suck?

As been posted before, the Texans O-line, this past year was geared toward run protecting so they more or less left Carr out for dry.

Sack stats don't tell the whole truth of an O-lines worth, but it can tell you something about it.

Ok both Harington and Carr came into the league in 02. That year the Lions gave up 20 sacks, the texans 76. In 2003 the Lions gave up 11 sacks the Texans gave up 36. That year Only 9 of those 11 Lions sacks were with Joey harington as QB. His passer rating 63.9 The Texans have given up that many sacks in a GAME. In 2004 the Lions gave up 37 sacks and the Texans gave up 49. In 2005 the Lions gave up 31 sacks, while the Texans gave up 68. While the Lions O-Line may not be the best in the NFL can you really say its not better than the Texans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back