Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Here is the situation. By however it happens, be it the worst record in the NFL come January, or by trading up to the first pick, who do you take and for what reason?<p>
I haven't made up my mind yet. I think there are some good quality QBs coming out this year other than those I listed. Jay Cutler from Vandy, Robinson from Penn St looks good to name a couple.
Do we take Bush and then a QB in the second round?
Do we take Hawk, stick with Brown, and take a QB in the second?
Do we take Leinart and TRY to find a decent second round OL or DB? I like the idea of taking Hawk, but I'm going to think on this for awhile.
________
ELITE E

as much as it would be wasted with dehr Schwartzie as DC, I say take Hawk if available (move up if necessary), take Cutler in second (or any other 2 year project/franchise QB) and for cryin' out loud get some speed LB's and S's ect...

Bush is an instant game changer that doesn't have anyone with skills comparable to him in this draft. Their are LBs that can be had in the 2nd with really good skills this yr.

Are you guys crazy!!! If all those guys are there I take Bush or Leinhert even if for the purpose of trading to the highest bidder. AJ Hawk becomes an option after most of those guys are gone.

GoT said:
well I am assuming the Titans are drafting 4-6 instead 0f first or second.

But the question is of all those listed and all are available who do you take? Not who do you think we end up taking. Bush is the obvious choice even if we trade him. Bush is by far the best player.

I didn't even see Bush at the top when I voted....I just assumed this was a realistic poll :lol: I'd fall out in the floor if we traded up for Bush....but I'd probably jump right back up to do a happy dance :jump: :nana2:

If all those were available, I'd trade down 5 spots and still be assured of one of them still being there. Plus I get extra draft picks.

I'm still not convinced if Bush will translate his success at USC to the NFL. Same with Leinhart. I think he'll be a good player, but I don't see him being some sort of magical fix to any of our problems. The things that concern me are 1) the blocking he recieves at USC, he's not going to get here 2) his size doesn't impress me one bit, and he just simpily doesn't look like a player who can withstand the rigours of 25 carries a game, for 16 games.

That said, if the Titans took him, I would be satisfyed, because I do think that he has special ability in almost every aspect of his game.

I can't entertain having the #1 pick...my spirit is not that broken...yet.
However, at this point, the most likely one that they would take would be Young. That's just because the others will be gone. Don't worry. I did not vote in the poll. I do think Young is the type of player they would like.

IF we had the #1 pick, I'd take Bush. You just can't pass up on him. I think we'll end up being #4 - #7. In that case, I think we take Hawk if he's available, or the best offensive lineman available. I would certainly entertain trading down and getting two late first rounders.

jDee

IF we pick 4-7 and leinart, bush, ferguson are gone and we can't convince SD to trade us Rivers then I think Reese will be begging teams to trade down. If Mario Williams shows elite DE quickness then he might be the pick or possibly Hawk, but Reese won't be happy if that happens.

Bush in the nfl...

Gunny is right in saying that bush would not carry the ball 20+ times a game. At least early on. Coaches need to make a decision on how they will use him before they draft him. If he is the primary receiver out of the backfield and is returning punts and kicks he can't be expected to carry the ball more than 15 times. In the nfl top backs don't return punts and kicks.

There are comparisons of bush to gayle sayers and barry sanders. The guy that most comes to mind for me is marshall faulk. That's the kind of back i would want this guy to be. I wouldn't draft a guy #1 to be a special team guy. If you don't think he can be a top back from scrimmage sans the return game then don't draft him that high.

Maybe his first year he can do returns as he proves his durability as a runner. Walter payton returned kicks his rookie year. But once this guy shows that he is a big time everydown back the return game will have to be left to someone else. No pro bowl caliber runningback does regular kick returning duties in the nfl today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back