Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
1 - Says Texans pick up Carr's option, draft Bush.
2 - Leinart is still #1 QB, NO takes him
3 - Titans draft Young and learns under McNair

Sounds completely logical to me. I think Dominick Davis is a great talent though and Texans would be better off trading down and getting a top OT and a king's randsom. Young could sit and learn behind McNair for a year or two, just like McNair did after he was drafted. Then hopefully he'd have as much success as McNair did except take us all the way. The kid has real moxi and is a real leader and has the respect of his coaches and teammates, which are invaluable intangibles.

That's how I hope it happens. I just hope the Texans don't trade the pick to a team that wants to draft Young. But oh well, only worry about what you can control.

bush is tricky. he'll never be a 20+ carry guy. but he will be a guy who will get 12 rushes, 5 passes, and a few returns a game.

is the number 3 pick in the draft really worth brian westbrook?

I would just keep an eye on the Travis Henry situation. If we rework his deal to keep him, I seriously doubt we take Bush unless it's to trade him.

IMO we can get UCLA's running back in the 3rd or 4th or one of the backs in FA this year.

Bush in his rookie season will be a 25 touch guy. 15 carries, 5 catches, 5 returns. But will utltimatly turn into a 35, maybe 40 touch guy.

titansfan9 said:
Bush in his rookie season will be a 25 touch guy. 15 carries, 5 catches, 5 returns. But will utltimatly turn into a 35, maybe 40 touch guy.

I agree, we all have heard the ananlogies to Emmit and Barry and I can see him turning into a feature back eventually.

He hasn't showed durability to carry the ball 20+ times but, with a reliable back with him Bush would be that breakout guy every team needs!

Troupe4Prez said:
I agree, we all have heard the ananlogies to Emmit and Barry and I can see him turning into a feature back eventually.

I was just about to bring up Emmitt

noone ever knows about a RB

it doesn't matter how durable or fragile a RB may seem , you just never know till you get him into an NFL situation

Everyone here should be thankful that we had a back like Eddie George that only missed a handful of games during his ENTIRE career. You may never see that durability in a RB EVER again

so, adjust your expectations accordingly

RB's are the biggest risk / reward position
with QB's being a close second

hell, lets just trade back a bit so we don't subject ourselves to risk

NAH..... it ain't our money
let's get one of these 2 guys in my sig :brow:

Puck said:
I was just about to bring up Emmitt

noone ever knows about a RB

it doesn't matter how durable or fragile a RB may seem , you just never know till you get him into an NFL situation

Everyone here should be thankful that we had a back like Eddie George that only missed a handful of games during his ENTIRE career. You may never see that durability in a RB EVER again

so, adjust your expectations accordingly

RB's are the biggest risk / reward position
with QB's being a close second

hell, lets just trade back a bit so we don't subject ourselves to risk

NAH..... it ain't our money
let's get one of these 2 guys in my sig :brow:

I agree

Eddie was our best backs we could use him

Troupe4Prez said:
those two were very small, compact runners. they were both about 5'10" and 215 lbs. bush is about 6'1" 205lbs.

barry sanders had calfs the size of my thighs. emmit smith had great balance and got a lot of yards after contact.

reggie bush is an unbeleivable athlete, but thats about it. the only tackles he breaks are arm tackles. he doesnt get a whole lot of yards after contact.

bigtitan53279 said:
bush is tricky. he'll never be a 20+ carry guy. but he will be a guy who will get 12 rushes, 5 passes, and a few returns a game.

is the number 3 pick in the draft really worth brian westbrook?

Bush isn't Brian Westbrook.

bigtitan53279 said:
he's the same type of player. he's more talented, but he's the same type of player.

Same mold, correct, but more talented, also correct, which is why he's in top 3 contention.

He's got more potential with already amazing production. If he was Westbrook alone, I would agree, but he's like SuperWestbrook.

bigtitan53279 said:
he's the same type of player. he's more talented, but he's the same type of player.

so is LaDainion Tomlinson
and Tiki Barber
and Marshall Faulk
and Edgerrin James

I'd musch rather have any of those dudes than CB / TH
no offense to CH / TH, but neither are quite as spectacular

bigtitan53279 said:

so is LaDainion Tomlinson
and Tiki Barber
and Marshall Faulk
and Edgerrin James

I'd musch rather have any of those dudes than CB / TH
no offense to CH / TH, but neither are quite as spectacular

coincidentally, we currently have TWO dudes 'trying' to accomplish what Bush 'may' be able to. Noone since LT2 has come out with his talent

again, @ #3 if it were down to Reggie Bush, D'Brick or AJ then IMO the choice is obvious - you pick Bush - risks be damned

RB's are the highest risk/reward position in the league
they also have one of the shortest lifespans
BUT, they are also harder to find quality-wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back