Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
This may have been posted in another thread but, oh well

What music and bands are you guys into, I wanna know what kind of music Americans and a few Koalas are into.

I personally love all kinds of rock, indie, punk metal and others.
At the moment I'm into Editors:winker: and other bands which you probably never heard of:
Milburn
Muse
Fall Out Boy
Hard-Fi
and others

Country
Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, Toby Keith, Trace Adkins, this list goes on
Some Rock and Rap

Keb' Mo', Lyle Lovett, Eddie from Ohio, David Wilcox, and James Taylor are the only established acts I'll buy new material of generally.

From time to time I'll hear of a new artist or band and will look into it, but as far as new music goes, I only listen to blues, folk, americana and combinations of those three.

I still listen to quite a bit of classic rock like Thin Lizzy, the Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd etc. and somewhat obscure older bands that have broken up like the Hatters and the Subdudes.

Also, I agree with Jeff, SCOTS is a cool group... I got a dirt track date, demolition derby figure eight....

I'm all over the place when it comes to music. My only real criterion is that I like the music to be sincere and passionate without pretense.

My favourite artists are:

Me'Shell Ndegeocello
Theloniuos Monk
Frank Sinatra
Bob Marley (Damien Marley's new disc "Welcome To Jamrock" is smokin')
Paul Weller
and as always, safe atop my fave list... Louis Armstrong.

titanbuoy said:
I'm all over the place when it comes to music. My only real criterion is that I like the music to be sincere and passionate without pretense.

My favourite artists are:

Me'Shell Ndegeocello
Theloniuos Monk
Frank Sinatra
Bob Marley (Damien Marley's new disc "Welcome To Jamrock" is smokin')
Paul Weller
and as always, safe atop my fave list... Louis Armstrong.

Paul Weller. You don't hear that name every day. He's done some great solo albums.

LazyManJackson said:
Wow, your music tastes are.......different

And that's very cool. The popular music landscape is really changing. Back when I was a kid in the 70s you heard something on pop radio and you went and bought the album or the single because all your friends were listening to it. This explains things like the popularity of Grand Funk Railroad. Yeah, we all rocked to it, but we didn't really have much choice! :ha:

Radio was about the only exposure most of us had to new music. If a station didn't want to play something, no one ever heard it. Now you've got all these bands online offering free samples and full song downloads, you've got at least 15 different genres of music on the radio in most major markets, you've got napster and itunes and instant access to millions of different songs. There's also Sirius and XM with tons of different styles.

We're not tied to FM radio anymore. Since large conglomerates have bought so many of the stations and have very limited play lists it's great that we have more choices because many of the stations are even more bland than they were 30 years ago.

What you find now is that people are listening to more diverse music because they are able to find exactly the sound and style they like, not stuff that just everyone else likes.

I like Weezer's new song Perfect Situation.

Also Train is talented.
I love that song 100 Years. - FIVE FOR FIGHTING
I like all kinds of stuff...

Not too big on Kenny Chesney though Maximus...:ha:
(insert Peyton Manning joke here)

I'm not even sure any more, so the old standbys are King's X, Steely Dan, Train, The Tragically Hip, and, um....I dunno.

This is a perfect time to announce that my other forum's compilation CD has just left to mastering phase, and will be going into print soon. A promo website is being developed as we speak, complete with a player and song clips. There's 2 discs, 28 songs, and these guys are good. I wonder why they let me appear on it.

I'll post a thread when it's ready.

New School-
Disturbed
Funeral for a Friend
Evan's Blue
Breaking Benjamin
MudVayne
Staind (older)
Killswitch Engage
Submersed
Sevendust
ShineDown

Old School-
Queensryche
(old) Metallica (pre-And Justice for All)
Prong
Fates Warning
Dream Theater
Iron Maiden
Ac/Dc
Megadeth
Tool
Judas Priest
Machine Head
Fear Factory

just to name a few .......

Status